Admission Procedure of Madras Medical College

Apr 4 • Medical • 70 Views • 2 Comments

Eligibility and Admission Procedure of Madras Medical College

(A) UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAMS

MBBS
For the admission under post graduate level i.e. MBBS 85% of the total seat is reserved for the state quota i.e. Tamil Nadu . Remaining 15% of the seat is for others i.e. the whole country which is selected by the main CBSE exam i.e. AIPMT.

B.PHARMA
For the B. Pharma course there is no state quota all students can appear for this examination which is scheduled in the month of June.

(B) POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMS

All courses
For the Post Graduate Diploma a Candidate must have M.B.B.S Degree from a recognized university or every candidate must admitted to the M.D./M.S. Post Graduate Courses has to obtained permanent registration certificate from any one of the State Medical Councils.

(C) POST GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS 

P.G, II MD/MS courses and all.
The seats in the different Post-graduate programs (Diploma and Degree programs) are occupied by:
State level PG Entrance Exam
National level PG Entrance Exam
Several seats (about 50% of the state quota seats) are also reserved for the Physicians in the Tamil Nadu Government service.

COURSES OFFERED BY MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE

UNDER POST GRADUATE

Madras Medical College

Provides well structured and beneficial courses

  1. MBBS
  2. Bachelor of Pharmacy
  3. Basic B.Sc. Nursing

POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA 

  1. Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (D.G.O.)
  2. Diploma in Child Health (D.C.H.)
  3. Diploma in OTO Rhino Laryngology(D.L.O.)
  4. Diploma in Medical Radio Diagnosis (D.M.R.D.)
  5. Diploma in Medical Radio Therapy (D.M.R.T.)
  6. Diploma in Anaesthesia (D.A.)
  7. Diploma in Orthopaedics (D. Ortho)
  8. Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy (D.D.V.L.)
  9. Diploma in Ophthalmology (D.O.)
  10. Diploma in Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases (D.T.R.D.)
  11. Diploma in Psychiatric Medicine (D.P.M.)
  12. Diploma in Clinical Pathology (D.C.P.)
  13. Diploma in Public Health (D.P.H)
  14. Diploma in Physical Medicine (D. Phy. M.)
  15. Diploma in Dialectology (D. Diab.)

POST GRADUATE COURSES

UNITED_CARDIOLOGISTS_OF_MMC.25152713_std

Selected by the hand of the most experienced members / faculties of the college

  1. M. D. General Medicine
  2. M. D. Anaesthesiology
  3. M. D. Biochemistry
  4. M. D. Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy M. D. Forensic Medicine
  5. M.D (Community Medicine)
  6. M. D. Geriatric Medicine
  7. M. D. Microbiology
  8. M. D. Paediatrics
  9. M. D. Pathology
  10. M. D. Pharmacology
  11. M. D. Physiology
  12. M. D. Psychiatric Medicine
  13. M. D. Radiodiagnosis
  14. M. D. Radiotherapy
  15. M. D. Tuberculosis & Chest Disease
  16. M. D. Obstetrics and Gynaecology
  17. M. S. Anatomy
  18. M.S. ENT
  19. M.S. General Surgery
  20. M.S. Ophthalmology
  21. M.S. Orthopaedics
  22. M. Pharmacy

HISTORY OF MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE

Madras Medical College

One of the most esteemed institute to pursue education from

Madras medical college is one of the most ancient government hospitals. It was established  on 16th November 1664 by the East India Company for the  treatment of their soldiers. The Madras Medical College which was initially a school had for its accreditation of college in 1835. Government granted this request and on and after 1st October 1835 it became Madras Medical College. It has a chain of nine affiliated medical institutions with the facility of hospitals, each one of them recognized for excellence in Health care services. The Courses offered by the Madras Medical College were affiliated in 1988 to the Dr. MGR Medical University.

CONTACT  DETAILS :-

ADDRESS :
Madras Medical College and Government General Hospital
E.V.R Periyar Salai ,
Park Town,
Chennai – 600 003
Email : mmcadmin@tn.gov.in
Phone :  044 – 2530 5000

DEAN
Dr. V. Kanagasabai, M.D.
Email : deanmmc@tn.gov.in
Phone : 044 – 2536 3970

VICE PRINCIPAL
Dr. A. Sundaram, M.D.
Phone : 044 – 2530 5238

You may also like to visit:

1) Top coaching centres for medical entrance exam in Visakhapatnam
2) Top coaching centres for medical entrance exam in Mumbai

Please post your valuable suggestions and comments below..

Related Posts

  • http://www.facebook.com/barun7 Barun Singh

    ya sure Adam what kind of query do u want u.feel free to ask

  • Adam

    nice, i am from nigeria and want to join this university. i need reply wil that be possible

« »

Close