Eligibility and Admission Procedure of Madras Medical College
(A) UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAMS
For the admission under post graduate level i.e. MBBS 85% of the total seat is reserved for the state quota i.e. Tamil Nadu . Remaining 15% of the seat is for others i.e. the whole country which is selected by the main CBSE exam i.e. AIPMT.
For the B. Pharma course there is no state quota all students can appear for this examination which is scheduled in the month of June.
(B) POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMS
For the Post Graduate Diploma a Candidate must have M.B.B.S Degree from a recognized university or every candidate must admitted to the M.D./M.S. Post Graduate Courses has to obtained permanent registration certificate from any one of the State Medical Councils.
(C) POST GRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAMS
P.G, II MD/MS courses and all.
The seats in the different Post-graduate programs (Diploma and Degree programs) are occupied by:
State level PG Entrance Exam
National level PG Entrance Exam
Several seats (about 50% of the state quota seats) are also reserved for the Physicians in the Tamil Nadu Government service.
COURSES OFFERED BY MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE
UNDER POST GRADUATE
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Basic B.Sc. Nursing
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (D.G.O.)
- Diploma in Child Health (D.C.H.)
- Diploma in OTO Rhino Laryngology(D.L.O.)
- Diploma in Medical Radio Diagnosis (D.M.R.D.)
- Diploma in Medical Radio Therapy (D.M.R.T.)
- Diploma in Anaesthesia (D.A.)
- Diploma in Orthopaedics (D. Ortho)
- Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy (D.D.V.L.)
- Diploma in Ophthalmology (D.O.)
- Diploma in Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases (D.T.R.D.)
- Diploma in Psychiatric Medicine (D.P.M.)
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology (D.C.P.)
- Diploma in Public Health (D.P.H)
- Diploma in Physical Medicine (D. Phy. M.)
- Diploma in Dialectology (D. Diab.)
POST GRADUATE COURSES
- M. D. General Medicine
- M. D. Anaesthesiology
- M. D. Biochemistry
- M. D. Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy M. D. Forensic Medicine
- M.D (Community Medicine)
- M. D. Geriatric Medicine
- M. D. Microbiology
- M. D. Paediatrics
- M. D. Pathology
- M. D. Pharmacology
- M. D. Physiology
- M. D. Psychiatric Medicine
- M. D. Radiodiagnosis
- M. D. Radiotherapy
- M. D. Tuberculosis & Chest Disease
- M. D. Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- M. S. Anatomy
- M.S. ENT
- M.S. General Surgery
- M.S. Ophthalmology
- M.S. Orthopaedics
- M. Pharmacy
HISTORY OF MADRAS MEDICAL COLLEGE
Madras medical college is one of the most ancient government hospitals. It was established on 16th November 1664 by the East India Company for the treatment of their soldiers. The Madras Medical College which was initially a school had for its accreditation of college in 1835. Government granted this request and on and after 1st October 1835 it became Madras Medical College. It has a chain of nine affiliated medical institutions with the facility of hospitals, each one of them recognized for excellence in Health care services. The Courses offered by the Madras Medical College were affiliated in 1988 to the Dr. MGR Medical University.
CONTACT DETAILS :-
Madras Medical College and Government General Hospital
E.V.R Periyar Salai ,
Chennai – 600 003
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 044 – 2530 5000
Dr. V. Kanagasabai, M.D.
Email : email@example.com
Phone : 044 – 2536 3970
Dr. A. Sundaram, M.D.
Phone : 044 – 2530 5238
You may also like to visit:
Please post your valuable suggestions and comments below..
Jun 19 • 580 Views
Jun 15 • 432 Views
Jun 10 • 293 Views