Basic Networking Questions and Answers with PDF10:00 am
(1) What is a network ?
Answer: A network is the connection of two or more computers. These computers are linked together. The most common types of networks are:
(a) Local Area Networks (LANS) and
(b) Wide Area Networks (WANS).
The primary difference between the two is that a LAN is generally confined to a limited area, whereas a WAN covers a large area. Severally connected LANS creates a WAN.
(2) Write the types of networks.
Answer: Intranet –The private LAN which is used by everyone within an organization or
company is called intranet. It might consist of an e-mail system, a message accessing board and one or more Web site portals .
Extra-net – A network that connects people within this company with people who are outside of the company is called extra-net. It happens within a secure ,password protected network.
(3) What is physical and wireless media?
Answer:- Physical media:
- Twisted pair cable – consists of two independently insulated wires twisted around each other
- Coaxial cable – consists of an insulated center wire grounded by a shield of braided wire Fiber optic cable – contains hundreds of clear fiberglass or plastic fibers
- ISDN line – a special digital telephone line that transmits and receives information at very high speeds
- Microwave system – transmits data via high-frequency radio signals through the atmosphere
- Satellite system – receive signals from the earth, amplify them, and then transmit back these signals to the appropriate locations on the earth.
- Cellular technology – uses antennae resembling telephone towers to pick up radio signals within a specific area
(4) What is network typologies?
Answer: Network Topology is refers to the way computers and its peripheral environment is configured to form networks.
- Bus topology – all computers are synchronize by a single line of cable.
- Star topology – multiple computers are linked to a main computer, which is called a host
- Ring topology – each computer is connected to two other computers, with the entire network. It forms a circle
- Hybrid topology – combine network layout types to meet their wants.
(5) What is network /communication protocols?
Answer :- A protocol is s an agreed/admitted set of rules and procedures for exchanging data between two or more devices.
- The sending device shows it has finished sending the message.
- The receiving device shows it has received the message.
The type of error checking to be used.
Ethernet is used by most networks, but some network may use Token Ring protocol from IBM.
(6) What are the communication types?
Answer: There are three types of communication.
- Uni-casting –Here one to one communication occurs
- Multi-casting –Here one to many communication occurs
- Broadcasting –here one to all communication occurs.
(7) What is client/server network?
- Here nodes and servers share data roles.
- Nodes are defined as clients.
- To control access servers are used.
- Server is the most important part computer.
(8) What is STAR connectivity in computer network?
Answer: Here all nodes are connect to a hub. Packets sent to hub. Again packets are sent by Hub to destination.
- It is easy to set up in a network.
- One single cable can not crash the whole network.
- One single hub crashing downs the whole network
- It uses a lot of cables
- It is the most common topology
(9) What is RING connectivity in computer network?
Answer: Here all nodes are connected in a circle. Token is used for transferring data from computers. Here nodes waits for token to send.
- Time for sending data is known.
- Here no data collisions occurs
- Connection is very slow
- Lots of cable required.
(10) Define HUB, SWITCH, ROUTER
Answer: These are the larger one connections of networks. multiple segments are connected to them
- Hub:- It is a multi-port repeater to enhance signals within the same LAN
- Switch:- It is mostly like hub but it is more intelligent.It gives better performance
- Router:- It forwards packets from one LAN to another LAN.
For more questions click to download :-
You may also like to visit :-
- Adhoc Wireless Network
- Backbone Networks
- Protocol for Internet
- Wireless Transmission
- Application of artificial neural network
Users can give their views in comment section if they wish to add other important questions