Mar 11 • Board Sample Papers • 1589 Views • 1 Comment on Sample paper of Economics for class XII CBSE
ECONOMICS SAMPLE PAPER
This section contains the sample paper of economics for class XII CBSE students.
- Total time allotted-3 hrs
- All questions are compulsory
- Total marks-70
- Answer the questions in your own words
This sample paper is divided into 3 parts:-
|Question Type||Marks allotted|
|Very short answer questions||1 marks each|
|Short answer question||3 marks each|
|Long answer question||6 marks each|
Very Short Answer questions:-(1 mark each)
1. What is a market economy?
2. When is a firm called ‘price-taker’ ?
3. Define budget set.
4. What is meant by ‘increase’ in supply?
5. Define supply?
Short Answer questions:-(3 mark each)
6. Why is a production possibilities curve concave? Explain.
7. 8 units of a good are demanded at a price of Rs. 7 per unit. Price elasticity of
demand is (-)1. How many units will be demanded if the price rises to Rs. 8 per unit?
Use expenditure approach of price elasticity of demand to answer this question.
8. Giving examples, explain the meaning of cost in economics.?
9. Draw average revenue and marginal revenue curves in a single diagram of a firm
which can sell more units of a good only by lowering the price of that good. Explain.
For blind candidates in lieu of Q No.9:
Distinguish between Average Revenue and Marginal Revenue with the help of a
10. Explain the implication of ‘freedom of entry and exit to the firms’ under perfect
Explain the implication of ‘perfect knowledge about market’ under perfect competition.
11. A consumer consumes only two goods X and Y. State and explain the conditions of
12. Explain how the demand for a good is affected by the prices of its related goods.
13. Define ‘Market-supply’. What is the effect on the supply of a good when Government
imposes a tax on the production of that good? Explain.
What is a supply schedule? What is the effect on the supply of a good when
Government gives a subsidy on the production of that good? Explain.
Long answer question:-(6 marks)
14. What is meant by producer’s equilibrium? Explain the conditions of producer’s
equilibrium through the ‘total revenue and total cost’ approach. Use diagram.
For blind candidates in lieu of Q No. 14 :
What is meant by producer’s equilibrium? Explain the conditions of producer’s
equilibrium through the ‘total revenue and total cost approach’. Use a schedule.
15. Explain the three properties of indifference curves.
16. Market for a good is in equilibrium. There is an ‘increase’ in demand for this good.
Explain the chain of effects of this change. Use diagram.
For blind candidates only in lieu of Q No. 16 :
Market for a good is in equilibrium. There is an ‘increase’ in demand for this good.
Explain the chain of effects of this change. Use a numerical example.
Distinguish between collusive and non-collusive ‘oligopoly. Explain how the oligopoly
firms are interdependent in taking price and output decisions.
For more questions on Economic sample plaper of CBSE XII one can download the PDF.
CBSE Economics sample paper for class XII
One also refer to these related posts.They are:–
- Economics Sample Paper for class XII of Andhra Pradesh Board
- Top Economics Universities in the World
- CBSE Economics sample paper for class XII
Your views are valuable to us. Any type of suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Jun 6 • 1196 Views