Apr 3 • Resources • 2014 Views • 12 Comments on CDSE (Combined Defence Services Examination)
The CDS Examination is conducted twice a year for recruitment in Indian Army by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). Many candidates from all over the country participate in this exam. The notification is easily available in employment news papers, internet and advertisements. CDSE is for graduate, postgraduate, undergraduate students who want to join IMA (Indian Military Academy). Successful candidates are called for interview known as SSB (Service Selection Board).
The basic eligibility criteria is degree equivalent in graduation, post graduation with maths and physics as compulsory subject in 10+2.
The selection criteria is different for Indian Army, Indian Air-force and Indian Navy respectively.
- Age limitation-
Age limitation is very important aspect for selection in armed forces. All 3 forces (Army, Navy, and Air Force) have their age standard according to their age limits which is given in their notification.
As the armed forces are known for its tough job one should have minimum physical standards according to their criteria.
Physical standards include physical fitness as well as mental fitness. Eye vision should be correctable with glasses minimum 6/6 .
The syllabus for examination includes different sections in which first section is of English which comprises of comprehensions, jumble words, unseen passages, synonyms, antonyms etc.
The second section include mathematical reasoning, the third section include analytical reasoning questions and the forth section includes picture recognition.
The results are declared after 4-5 months from the date of examination. Those who qualify the test are called for SSB interview .
- This is the main interview process.Those candidates who have qualified their exam were called for SSB interview at different SSB centers present mainly in Allahabad, Bangalore, Chennai and Bhopal.
- SSB procedure has 2 phases. First is screening phase where a picture is shown for 3 min and we have to write a story from it. After that there is a GD for 10 min about that picture.
- This is first phase and many students were eliminated in this round. After that second phase starts which goes for 4 more days, so SSB interview is for 5 days.
- The second phase consist of many rounds such as psychology test, GTO, outdoor tasks, GD and finally conference round.
You can prepare for GD process from General Topics for Group Discussion
- On fifth day results are announced and the selected candidates have to stay for more time for their medical examination. Rest of candidate now can go back to their respective places.
- After clearing medical exam the candidates are recommended and they have to wait for their merit list which comes after 3 to 4 months.
Those who got their name in merit list can join their respective Defence Job as an officer in armed forces. SERVING FOR THE COUNTRY IS A GREAT HONOUR …….
- UPSC Civil Service Aptitude Test
- UPSC IES Sample Paper
- UPSC IES Sample Paper for ECE Engineers
- UPSC CDS Sample Paper – English
If you like to share something with us regarding this topic, please feel free to do so. We will be highly pleased. Share your suggestions and comments in the comment box below.