Hotel and Tourism Management Schools in China10:16 am
Hotel and Tourism Management Schools in China
China is experiencing fast growth in its tourism industry from past few years. Its revenue from tourism reached 63 billion dollar yearly about 10 years back. Now it is one of the main sources of income in China as a whole to collect revenues and major revenue medium for the people residing in those place or near to those places.
Some major tourist places of China are Great wall of China, Terracotta Army, K2, Hong Kong Disneyland, Forbidden City, Broad Peak, Taipei 101, Summer palace etc.
China is the 2nd rank holder in Highest Economy all over the world. Tourism being an important source of revenue, it is highly promoted by the country to make sure that people gets their livelihood. China is only6 a few milestones away from being on top. Tourism helps China in huge amount of Foreign Exchange which ensures a profitable income every year.
China spends huge amount of money in tourist spot maintenance and Hotel Management in tourist places every year to make sure the income from tourism stays intact.
2. High school certificate and course transcript
3. TOEFL or IELTS or other English Learning Certificate
5. Photocopy of your passport and 5 photos of passport size.
6. Physical Examination Report for International students.
7. Appliation fee: RMB 200 Yuan
1. Minimum Academic Requirements
Students are required to provide certified and translated copies of satisfactory high school results.
Minimum IELTS band level 6.0 or equivalent.
3. Entrance Interview
Students go through an entrance interview. Interviews are taken by the representatives visiting the country or through video conferencing.
1) Tuition: RMB 15,000 yuan per year for Bachelor Programs and according to Indian currency its 144817.47INR per year.
2) RMB 22,000 yuan per year for Master Programs and according to Indian currency its 212398.96 INR per year.
3) RMB 24,000 yuan per year for Doctoral Programs and according to Indian currency its 231246.41 INR per year.
[1RMB= 9.67 (Indian Rupee)]
The list of top institutes in China:-
1. Shannon College of Hotel Management: – This College offers a degree on bachelor of business in international hotel management and also added certificate in English language studies for its international students. This is one of the top hotel management schools in the world and students travel from around the globe to Shannon for this degree.
Shannon College of Hotel Management,
Shannon International Airport,
Telephone: +353 (0)61 712 210
FAX: +353 (0)61 475160
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Les Roches Jin Jiang International Hotel Management College: – This ranks number one among all international hospitality management schools in China for an international career. Being established on 2004, its known as hub for International career. It also comes under the Switzerland authority at the university level.
The college’s website :- http://www.lrjj.cn/en/
650 S. Exeter Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202-4382
Telephone (U.S. calls): 1-866-4-LAUREATE (1-866-452-8732)
Telephone (international calls): +1 410-843-6100
3.The Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School –This college ranks among top hospitality management school in Asia. The faculty members comprise of both expertise’s from various countries, and local Chinese staff In addition to the program of study at the school, students spend six months of each year on paid internship in the international hotel industry to gain industry experience and broaden their practical skills.
Courses offered:- Bachelor of Business in Hotel and Resort Management – 2.5 years
Bachelor of Business in Event Management – 2.5 years
Master of International Hotel Management – 2 years
For complete details:- www.bluemountains.edu.au
4. The Shanghai Jiao Tong University : This college founded in the year 1896 provides courses on tourism and hospitality management. Shanghai Jiao Tong University has consistently provided quality education and educate millions. Shanghai Jiao Tong University has completed about 110 years and ranks in the third to the fifth position out of all Universities and colleges in China.
Courses:- Degree on International Hotel management.
2088 Kaixuan Rd. (near Panyu Rd.) Suite #106
Tel: (+86)13917 384 348 (24 hours) / (+8621)6064 1040 / (+8621) 6064 1041 / (+8621) 6064 1043
5. CIBT Launches Hotel Management Programs in Hainan, China:- CIBT Education Group is an education management company which focuses on the global education. It dynamically operates network of business and has cooperative joint programmes with around 18 countries. It offers business and management degrees, and programmes and training over automotive maintenance,hotel management and tourism training that makes students more efficient.
CIBT Education Group Inc.
Toby Chu, 1-604-871-9909
Vice-Chairman, President & CEO
6. Marriott International:- This institute has launched a new hotel school in China, in partnership with the Anhui Zhong-Ao Institute of Technology. The curriculum focuses on hotel management, and more plans are in way to expand it to include areas of food & beverage and tourism management. Marriott recruited more than 2,500 interns in China in their own chains of hotels and provides vast opportunities to its students.
2/51Tossapol Land 4 Fl. 11 Bang-na Road,
Bang-na Bangkok, Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2173 6401 #703
Fax: +66 (0) 2744 3177
7. Beijing Union University: – It is the first tourism university in China. Being more known among international students as it provides not only provides cultural and Chinese programmes, but also programs like tourism management, hotel management. Presently there are more than 200 international students.
Address:- No 99,Beisihuan Donglu, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
1.International Hotel Management
2.Leisure and Tourism
3.International Hotel Management
4.Foreign Language and Travel Culture
8. ZJGSU Bachelor of International Hotel Management:- Being located in Hangzhou, a beautiful city.The University was founded one hundred and one years ago and today it has become one of the provincial top universities in the fields of economics, management, and many more fields. The University offers 140 full-time doctor, master and bachelor degree programs to over 33,400 domestic and overseas students.
Courses offered:- International Hotel Management degree
9. Beijing International Studies University: – It is known as nationwide university of higher education and has developed with the specialties of foreign languages and tourism as its most distinguishing feature. On recent status there have been over 8,000 long-term and 2,000 short-term international students from more than 70 countries studying in BISU.
10.The Chinese University of Hong Kong Business Faculty :- Hong Kong has ranked among the world’s top tourist destinations and tourism represents a major economic pillar of the city. The School of Hotel and Tourism Management (SHTM) has capitalized on that position to develop a business program with a hospitality.
The BBA in Hotel and Tourism Management Program is industry driven and aims to train hospitality talents who will make investment decisions and lead the operation of hotel groups.
Phone:(852) 3943 8593 / 3943 1644Fax:(852) 2603 7724
Address: Room 701, 7/F
Cheng Yu Tung Building, No.12 Chak Cheung Street
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong.
11.Qingdao Hotel Management College :- Approved by People’s Government Municipality of Shandong known as the first independent state-owned hotel management college. The college inherits and promotes the fine traditions which are accumulated during the past sixty years. The college enrolls students from twenty-nine provinces in China and now the number of the students reaches about more than 12,000. The college has a highly skilled faculty.
Foreign Affairs Office, Qingdao Hotel Management College.
Address: No.599 East Jiushui Road, Licang District, Qingdao 266100
TEL: 0086-532-86051668 Mr:zhou
12. Sun Yat-sen University:- This is founded in the year 1924 by Dr. Sun Yat-sen . The University is located in Guangdong Province, an area neighboring Hong Kong and Macao. This college is well known fot its hotel and tourism management programs.
Courses:- Graduate programs include Tourism management (Tourism planning and management, hospitality management)
Undergraduate programs include Tourism Management.
Educational Development Foundation,
Sun Yat-sen University,
No. 135 Xingang Xi Road,
Guangzhou 510275, P.R. China
Office Location: 2nd Floor, Dazhong Building, SYSU
13. School of Management Zhejiang University:- It was established in the year 1980 and offers the first bachelor’s degree program in tourism management in China organized by China under the National Tourism Administration. It started the Master’s Degree from 1984. The department owns a qualified faculty of 16 members and also includes two research units: the Institute of Tourism and the Institute of Hospitality Management.
14. L. Robert Payne School of Hospitality and Tourism Management: – This School of Hospitality and Tourism Management is established to meet both industry needs and student expectations. It offers degree on hospitality, hotel and tourism Management.
L. Robert Payne School of
Hospitality and Tourism Management
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-4514
Phone: (619) 594-4964
Fax: (619) 594-4443
15. Nanjing Institute of Tourism and Hospitality :- It is the only vocational institute in Jiangsu that is authorized by government and the Provincial Tourism Bureau. Being established in 1989 this was the first institute in China that was authorized by the Ministry of Education to train hotel management professionals. This has been the main training base for tourism and hospitality industry and one of the largest training centers of hotel management in China.
No.1 Huayangang, North Huju Road, Nanjing PC: 210003
Tel: 025-58591211 Fax: 025-58800066
16. The Oklahoma State University Center for Hospitality and Tourism Research (CHTR):- This School of Hotel and Restaurant Administration has served hospitality and tourism sectors, in providing the best education and training to its students in its management courses. The CHTR is affiliated with the School of Hotel and Restaurant Administration, College of Human Sciences, and Oklahoma State University and partnered with Oklahoma State Department of Tourism and Recreation.
210 Human Sciences Building West
17. China Tourism Management Institute: – This Institute has conducted short training courses for tourism management programs , and even provides professional trainings and its also headed different international hotels in China and seminars on economic development for hospitality and tourism personnel in Tibet. The Institute also delivers other courses such as the course of Educational Institute of American Hotel & Lodging Association, the course for aircraft personnel, etc.
China Tourism Management Institute
38 Zijinshan Rd.
Tianjin, Hexi Dist 300074
Tel: +86 22 23012040
18. Lao National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality:- This valuable tourism education and training resource is having its main branch in Thailand. It is focusing to replace outdated theory syllabuses, and establishing a national tourism syllabus that can encompass training and education elements and provide better international degree program.
1805C, CITC Building, No.19
Beijing 100 004
Tel: +86 (0)10 6500-1397
Fax: +86 (0)10 6500-1479
19.Institute for Tourism Studies (IFT):- It was being established in 1995 and is a public institution of higher education that falls under the governance of the Secretary for Social Affairs and Culture of the Macao Special Administrative Region Government. This institute offers degree and professional programmes in a wide range of tourism-related subjects.
Colina de Mong-Ha
TEL (853) 2856 1252
FAX (853) 2851 9058
20.Guilin Institute of Tourism (GIT) :- This is situated in Guilin and its among the three tourism institutions of higher learning in China. It serves as an important training hub in the central and southwest regions of China designated by the State Administration of Tourism.
Address:- 321 National Rd, Yanshan, Guilin, Guangxi, China