TISS exam is conducted by Tata Institute Of Social Science which was developed in the year 1936 in Mumbai. Earlier called as SDGSSW or Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School Of Social Work was the first school of social work in India. It is also recognized by the UGC or University Grants Commission as deemed university. This college is always ranked one in terms of education as well as infrastructure. This institute offers courses on Health , Hospital Administration , Personnel Management and HRM or Human Resource Management as well .
Eligibility: Applying candidates should have a bachelor’s degree of a minimum duration of three years. Any other course that is equivalent to the 10+2+3 format are also eligible for this exam. Students who are appearing in their final year of degree examination are also eligible to apply for this exam.
TISS Exam Pattern & Format:
Total Duration of the exam (minutes):
- Part1 – 45 minutes
- Part 2(HRM) – 60 minutes
Total number of questions:
- Part 1 – 50,
- Part 2(HRM) – 75
Number of choices per question: 4 or 5
- Part 1 – No Negative Marking
- Part 2 (HRM) – 1/4th Negative marks per question
Mode of marking the ovals: Pencil
The TISS exam occurs in two parts .
- PART 1
- PART 2
Part 1 Paper Pattern:
|Section||Topic||Number of Questions|
|Section A||Analytical and Numerical Ability||15|
|Section B||Language Ability||20|
|Section C||Awareness of General and Social Issues||15|
Part 2 Paper Pattern:
Number of Questions
|Business Knowledge and Foundation of Management|
TISS Syllabus : -
Syllabus for PART 1 :
I. Analytical and Numerical Ability:
It consists of less number of basic reasoning questions . A set of one or two basic DI questions are also present which one can answer using a graph or a pie chart. This section consists of:
•Data Interpretation based on text, graphs and tables.
•Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn diagram, etc.
•Geometry (Lines, Angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone, etc.)
•Ratios and Proportion,
•In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra, Averages,
•Work and time,
•Number system etc.
II. Language Ability:
This section is used to check the verbal ability of the candidates. It test the extend to which the candidates is comfortable as well as capable of understanding the language. This section includes:
- Comprehension of passage (Poems can also come)
- Verbal Reasoning,
- Contextual usage,
- Fill In the Blanks,
- Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences,
- Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed),
- Sentence Correction,
- Foreign language words used in English,
- Sentence completion,
- Sentence correction,
- Odd man out,
- One word substitution,
- Different usage of same word etc.
III. Awareness of General and Social Issues:
This Section consists of general knowledge questions on the following like:
1. United Nations Organization
2. Indian rivers
3. Basic historical facts about India
4. Important Indian monuments
5. Basic facts and latest numbers about the Indian economy
6. Recent government initiatives like MNREGA, Mid-day meal scheme etc.
7. Indians who have won prominent international awards
8. Olympic Games facts
Syllabus for PART 2 :
I. Data Interpretation:
This section is use to check the potential of the candidate to analyze or interpret a particular data which is a process of cleaning, modeling, inspecting of data. Data Interpretation includes:
Multiple facts and techniques . Data are present in the form of tables, graphs or charts , Venn Diagrams, Column Graphs , Line Charts , Bar Graphs ,Pie Chart and Case lets.
II. Data Sufficiency:
This section of the question paper test the ability of the candidate to determine the truth or fact behind any conclusion based on certain rules. This segment includes:
Calendars, Number and Letter Series, Clocks, Venn Diagrams, Cubes, Logical Connectives, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Logical Sequence, Binary Logic, Logical Matching Blood Relations.
III. Reading Comprehension:
This section aims at testing the knowledge of candidates for usage of words , secondary shades of meaning, phrases, related words etc. This section includes:
Comprehension of passage (Poems can also come) , Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English etc.
IV. Business Knowledge and Foundation of Management:
This section questions are designed to test candidates general sense and capability in understanding business.
- Clear you basic Mathematical Concepts and the best way to do that is to solve Class 10th and 12th Math problems or use some specific study material. Also try to remember as many formulas as possible. Learn formulas by writing and not mugging up as we tend to remember the written things for long.
- Increase your speed and accuracy. For this solve as many sample papers and take as many mock tests as possible and observe the time taken to solve each section.
- Solve lots of puzzles / quizzes to improve your reasoning and analytical skills
- Prepare a time table and allot time to each subject / topic .
You can also download the syllabus in PDF form.
Click here to download: Syllabus of TISS Exam
Readers can give their suggestions / feedbacks in the given below comment section to improve the article.
These reserach report on sample paper of TISS is being updated on 15th Feb 2015 , We expect students to confirm us once regarding any update of TISS by calling at 01143560050 or whats app name/city/MBA to +918130802212 or email@example.com