This segment of the paper deals with reasonable form of aptitude problems. This slice basically test the candidates ability to deal with aptitude problems. It includes :
Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc.), Ratios and Proportion, Percentages, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations, Algebra, Profit & Loss, Averages, Partnership (Accounts), Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF & LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean, Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS, Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Set Theory, Venn diagram, Installment Payments, Clocks, Probability, Permutations Combinations, Trigonometry, Vectors, Binomial Expansion, Co-ordinate geometry, Logarithm, Calendar, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices, Complex numbers Etc.
This division of the question paper tests the ability of the candidate to determine the truth behind any conclusion based on certain rules. Data are present in the form of tables , graphs and charts .This part includes :
Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn diagram, etc. Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements. Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.
This segment tests the general knowledge of the candidates related with the current events. So this section includes:
- Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- World Records
- Books and authors
- Science, History, Geography, International organizations
- Important quotations
- Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics, etc.
This section is mainly used to test the vocabulary of the student and the general ability to understand English. This section of the paper has maximum scope for further enhancement .It includes:
Comprehension of passage (Poems can also come).
Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed), Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
- Prepare a time table and allot time to each subject / topic .
- Clear you basic Mathematical Concepts and the best way to do that is to solve Class 10th and 12th Math problems or use some specific study material. Also try to remember as many formulas as possible. Learn formulas by writing and not mugging up as we tend to remember the written things for long.
- Solve lots of puzzles / quizzes to improve your reasoning and analytical skills.
- Increase your speed and accuracy. For this solve as many sample papers and take as many mock tests as possible and observe the time taken to solve each section.
You can also download the syllabus in PDF form.
Click here to download: Syllabus of MAT entrance Exam
If you have any question related to MAT exams or question patterns of MAT or questions of CMAT , put your comment at bottom of page or call 01143560050 or write us at email@example.com for any updated information on MAT or MBA exams and question papers.