Feb 16 • Board Sample Papers • 3439 Views • No Comments on Sample Paper Class 9th Social Science
Sample paper class 9th for year 2013-14
SOCIAL SCIENCE CLASS-IX(2012-13) MM:75 TIME-2.30
Instructions : The question paper has 20 questions in all.
All questions are compulsory.
1. Why is cricket match different from other sports? Choose the correct answer.
a) The match can go on for five days and still end in a draw.
b) The playing time is an hour and half.
c) The dimension of the playing area is specified.
d) The game gets completed in nine innings.
2. Which one of the following types of forests is found in the Ganga-Bramputra Delta?
a) Thorny forest
b) Montane forest
c) Mangrove forest
d) Tropical Rain forest
3. Which one of the following provides an ideal habitat for the animal ‘Yak’? a) Sunderbans
b) Swampy and marshy lands of Assam
c) Rann of Kutch
d) Tropical Rain forest
4. Which one of the following is a violation of the right to life or personal liberty?
a) The arrested person was informed about the reason of his arrest.
b) He was produced before the court within 24 hours of his arrest.
c) He was not allowed to consult his lawyer.
d) He was shown the warrant before arrest.
5. Which one of the following is not considered as a social indicator of poverty?
a) Illiteracy level.
b) Lack of access of health care.
c) Inadequate safe drinking water.
d) Ample job opportunities.
6. What is shifting cultivation? Why did the European foresters discourage the practice of shifting cultivation?
7. State any three important changes introduced in the game of cricket during the 19th century?
8. How is the climate of India governed by the atmospheric conditions? Explain with three suitable examples.
9. Describe any three features of advancing monsoon season.
10. Explain three main processes of change of population in India.
11. Explain any three powers of the Prime Minister of India as Head of the State.
12. Explain with examples how the poverty line is estimated in India?
13. Explain any three causes for the widespread poverty in India.
14. Describe the three dimensions of food security.
15. Explain any five reasons for increase in deforestation under colonial rule.
16.What was the impact of the colonial policies on the life of the pastoralists. Explain any five.
17. Describe any five provisions made in the National Population Policy of 2000.
18. “Rights are necessary for the very sustenance of a democracy”. Give any five arguments to support the statement.
19. Explain five important anti-poverty measures undertaken by the Government of India.
20. What is buffer stock? Why is the buffer stock created by the government?
Aug 21 • 646 Views
Aug 21 • 582 Views
Mar 20 • 2913 Views