To pursue career in this fashion field one must have creativity at its best. Fashion is all about creativity and innovativeness. Fashion Industry is increasing rapidly which in turn will provide good career opportunities. There are various courses in fashion, its upto the person in which he/she wants to pursue his career. Before that one need to get admission in good college so as to make his dream come true. National Institute of Fashion Technology is one of the leading institute which conducts NIFT entrance test to select the candidates. Basically it consists of general ability test, creative ability test and situation test. Some sample questions are given below. You can download the full set of questions in pdf form given below.
Scheme of Examination
Time allowed: 2 hours
This test comprises the following sub-tests:
(1) Quantitative Ability
(2) Communication Ability
(3) English Comprehension
(4) Analytical Ability
(5) Business Domain Test
(6) Thematic Appreciation Test
(i) Each Question carries 1 mark.
(ii) For each question,four alternatives are given out of which only one is correct
1. When the natural numbers 1,2,3…..500, the digit 3 is used n times in this way.The value of n is:
Ans: We know on counting that 1 to 100 has the digit 3 20 times.Similarly for 100 to 200 ,it is another 20,adds up to 40.Then from 200 to 300 ,another 20,makes it to 60 now.For 300 to 400,it is 120 making the total to be 180.Another 20 for 400 to 500 makes the sum to be 200. Hence the answer is 200.
2. How many natural numbers up to 990 are divisible by 5 and 9 both but not by 7?
Ans: For a number to be divisible by both 9 and 5 means it must be divisible by 45. So the total natural numbers divisible by 45=22 (45,90,135,…..,990). Now since the obtained numbers should not be divisible by 7 so the numbers of the form 45*7l must be subtracted from these 22 numbers Thus the required number is 22-3=19.
3. A boy draws n squares with sides 1,2,3,4,5 inches,the average area covered by these squares:
Ans. Average ares is the summation of individual areas divided by 5 i.e the no. of squares so the answer is (n+1)/2(2n+1)/3.
4. If x=6 and y=3 then (x+y)^x/y
Ans. (x+y)=(6+3)=9 and x/y=6/3=2 So 9^2 is 81.
5. A camel pursue an elephant and takes 5 leaps for every 7 leaps of elephant but 5 leaps of elephant are equal to 3 leaps of camel.What is the ratio of speed of camel to elephant.??
Ans. 5/3:7/5 = 5/3*15:7/5*15 =25:21
6. If 45 students can consume a stock of food in 2 months,find for how many days the same stock of food will last for 27 students.
So the ans is 100.
7. If 6 notebooks cost Rs 45,how much would 8 notebooks cost
8 45*6/8 =60
So the ans is 60.
8. How many 6 digits telephone number can be formed with digits 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 if each number starts with 35 and no digits appears more than once.
Ans: As the first two digit is already occupied with 35 for next 4 digits we can chose from remaining 8 numbers in 8p4 ways ,so the answer is 35.
9. 3 bells toll at interval 36 sec,40 sec,48 sec respectively.They start ringing together at a particular time.They next toll together at
(a) 24 mins
(d) 6 mins.
Ans. H.C.F of given intervals is 12 mins .
10. If a=b^x ,b=c^y and c=a^z ,then xyz is
Ans. Applying log to the given equation will give xyz=1
11. Malika travelled 5/16th of her journey by coach, 7/20 by rail, she walked the remaining 10 km,how far did she go altogether.
(a) 8 km
Ans: 5/16 of x+ 7/20 of x+10=x
on solving we get x=29 km.
12. If x+y+z=0,then the value of x^2/yz+y^2/zx+z^2/xy is
13.The largest sum of money which is contained in both 49.56 and 37.94 an exact number of time is:
Ans. H.C.F of given amount is 3.54
14. If a^x=b^y=c^z and b/a=c/b then 2z/(x+y) is equal to
Ans. Applying log we have x/2
15. If 2^(x+3).4^(2×-5)=2^(3x+7) then the value of x
Ans. Applying log on both sides we have (x+3)log2.(2×-5)log4=(3x+7)log2 =7
Directions(Q NO.16-20):In these questions,choose the alternative which the same meaning to the keyword.
(a) voluminous ‘
Click to download the PDF :-
- General Ability Test Paper
- NIFT GAT sample paper
- Creative Ability Test Paper PDF
- NIFT Situation Test Paper
- General Ability Test Paper-2
You may also like to visit:
Users can give their suggesstions in comment box so as to improve the article
May 25 • 288 Views