NOTE: This list has been made in accordance with all courses related to management being run by college or university and is not for only flagship course due to which few colleges like Amity University whose MBA course from ABS (Amity Business school) is a well designed program but lacked in its other management courses like that Insurance management or Retail management which brought total ranking down.
Top B schools in India
India , seventh largest country by area and second largest by population keeps on moving like pendulum in financial growth and some times it swings to 7th largest global economy to 4th largest global economy.
Management education in proper fashion brings out better managers and entrepreneurs for country which swings growth rate of country on its own.
Here , we have tried to discuss and reveal truth behind different B-school surveys and then We have tried to bring out real picture of Top 50 B- school in India who are serious about imparting management education.
Although one might have seen several surveys and reports on Top management or MBA colleges /Top B schools but our experts have little different opinion as in on budget day , Times of India B school survey places Amity Business school Noida on its 11th Position , Being management Post graduate from Amity Business School Noida , I should be proud of my college coming on 11th position , but I suspect mole in it and I know my college more than any reporter who might have structured this B-school survey and , if asked honestly my college ABS , Amity Business School is not worth to be placed on 11th position as India has better management colleges , who can claim this rank. I also suspect on 29th position as well. At 46th Position , we have well known name The oxford college of Business Management but , as far as I think this list was of Top B schools of India not globe and none of institutes named “oxford” in India have made any mark so that any of them may get position in top 50 B schools of India.
Top B school survey ranking is very important reporting and every responsible media house should act with responsibility , rather not indulged in selling its ranking every time.
We will not claim that there have been 2161 respondents in our survey but all respondents are definitely at respectable position and have intellect as responders are at key position in different organisation from HR heads to Marketing heads. These are people who are directly responsible for hiring students coming out of different college , so I felt that , there say must be heard and should be respected.
Methodology for finding out result of survey of Top B schools
Top Management college list have been concluded from brain storming session and Primary data collected from different stake holders of different streams but our major focus has been result or reports which have already been published by other eminent media channels , may it be news channel’s B school survey or magazine B school survey or news paper B school survey. I always wonder how a survey report by Mail Today Group could put FMS under MRIU among Top 10 B schools in India. I , understand that Manav Rachna International University run FMS headed by an intellectual Chavi Bhargava Sharma but have her own constraints of quality input and thus , I infer that by any standards this college can not come under Top B schools of India by any standards , unless there has been any blunder in data processing.
Our Parameter of survey has been as follows
- Quality of students taking admission: Admission to top B schools has always been considered as key to success for an individual in India and otherwise and thus it has always been challenging for every Top B school to attract best students for best B schools in India. Parameters by different top B schools and management colleges for selection of students for them have been different. Although most of B schools in India find it difficult in feeling up there total allocated seats , which has caused closure of different B schools and management colleges in last financial year but then even for Top B schools competition have been always tough. Some of important examinations which are conducted by different bodies for checking knowledge level of students on different parameters . Know about different examination for admission to Top management colleges or top B schools by visiting Entrance Exams in India on Oureducation.
- Quality of faculty imparting education: Quality faculty has become key area of concern for every top B schools , as quality faculty needs proper remuneration and India has crunch of quality faculty for management and research. We have tried to test skills of faculty in terms of research papers published by them , feedback about faculties from students and alumni.
- Quality of academic inputs imparted: Quality of academic input in different B schools depends on different factors like that of periods indulged in teaching of a certain subject , curriculum , Project and training by students. A Top B school is made by its students not by faculty and thus devotion of students is key area of concern to be focused upon.
- Resources available for students growth: Although its matter of debate , whether resources like that of Laptop , Library , Journals, Internet facility can impart in quality education or not but we have considered them as necessity of Top B schools of country and we feel that survey of Top B schools will be incomplete , if we will not focus on these Key features.
- Placement : Placement or Employability of students coming out of Management colleges is considered as key parameter in judging over all performance colleges which have been considered for survey of Top B school. Its responsibility of management colleges and B schools to develop raw talent coming to college into finished talent and increase their employability which may be acceptable to different corporate houses in India and abroad.
Top B schools in India or Top 50 MBA colleges in India
- Indian school of Business ( ISB Hydrabad)
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM Ahmedabad)
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM Banglore)
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM Calcutta)
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM Lucknow)
- Xavier Labour relation Institute of Management (XLRI Jamshedpur)
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS Delhi)
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Delhi
- S.P Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR) Mumbai
- Department of Management studies (IIT Delhi)
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM Indore)
- Tata Institute of social science (TISS) Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
- JamnaLal Bajaj Institute of Management studies (JBIMS)
- Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM Kozhikode)
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) , Mumbai
- Loyla Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Pune
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Kolkata
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad
- Symbiosis centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCHMRD) Pune
- K.J Somaiya Institute of management studies &
- Welingkar Institute of Management (Mumbai)
- Department of Industrial and Management Engineering (IIT Kanpur)
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB) Pune
- Institute of Rural Management (IRMA) Anand Gujrat
- Shailesh J. Mehta school of Management (IIT – Mumbai)
- Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hydrabad
- National Institute of Technology (Tiruchirappalli)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Banglore
- Institute of Management , Nirma University , Ahmedabad
- ICFAI Business School (IBS) Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM Shilong)
- Department of Management studies ( IIT Roorkee)
- T.A.Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal
- Xavier Institute of Management (XIMB) , Bhubaneshwar
- Department of Management studies ( IIT Chennai)
- Vinod Gupta School of Management ( IIT Kharagpur)
- Amity Business School (ABS), Noida
- Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH)
- Great Lake Institute of Management (GLIM), Chennai
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM)
- Welingkar Institute of Management, Banglore
- Xavier Institute of Management & Research (XIMR) Mumbai
- Institute of Technology & Management (ITM) Mumbai
- Amrita School of Business Coimbatore
- VIT University Vellore
- PSG Institute of Management (PSGIM) Coimbotore
We created this article because we were not convinced with Paid editorial ranking of Times of India
Feb 4 • 2661 Views
Apr 25 • 1675 Views
Sep 1 • 31932 Views