Architecture engineering is a division of engineering that deals with the construction of buildings comprising its ventilation, air conditioning systems, structural integrity, lighting planning, fire safety and electrical systems. An Architectural engineer’s job is to provide plans on construction design and layouts of a building and structures on which they work. A candidate who specializes in this field is known as an architect. Architects are the licensed qualified professionals in the art and science of buildings. Apart from construction and designing, architects are also taught activities ranging from theoretical problems solving to project management. Architecture engineering is a multi-disciplinary profession that involves a range of tasks at work. This field has become one of the most career oriented field for students in recent times.
For admissions in bachelor’s degree a student must have passed the higher secondary school certificate(10+2) examinations with science subjects like biology, physics, chemistry and maths. For IIT’s it is mandatory to qualify in the JEE. The duration of the course is 4 years.
To pursue a master’s degree is holding a bachelor’s degree in B.E /B.Tech.or any other equivalent branches of engineering. The duration of the course is 2 years.
List of Architectural Engineering Courses
- Diploma in Architecture Engineering
- Diploma in Architecture Assistantship
- Bachelor of Technology in Architecture Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Architecture Engineering
- Master of Technology in Architecture Engineering
- Master of Technology in Town & Country Planning
- Master of Philosophy in Architecture Engineering
- Green Building
- Construction management
- Fire protection engineering
- Building transportation systems
- Acoustics design and construction
It is one of the best fields that students choose as a career which is both in public and private sector. Skilled professionals can seek employment in government organizations but the most advantaged sector is the private sector. After gaining some experience in the field the architects can set up their own company.
Professional can opt for teaching jobs in universities and colleges. A skilled architect can also work as a consultant or set up private practice but should register with the council of architecture. Architects n also specialize in a number of fields like hospital, housing or educational services.
Engineer trainee can expect around 10,000 to 12,000 per month. Within a short span of time the salary can go up to Rs 15,000 to 20,000 per month depending upon the experience. Private practitioners can earn from thousands to lakhs. Consultants charge somewhere around 4-10 percent of the total cost of construction in case of apartments and multi- storied buildings.
- Aayojan School of Architecture- Jaipur
- Acharya Institute of Technology
- Adhiparasakhti Engineering College- Tamil Nadu
- Adhiyamaan College of Engineering- Tamil Nadu
- Ajay Binay Institute of Technology- Orissa
- Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering Technology- Tamil Nadu
- Amity School of Architecture and Planning – Noida