Best Books For Agriculture Optional For UPSC Exam
UPSC conducts the IAS Exam annually to recruit the aspirant to different services under Government of India. The UPSC released their notifications for civil services exam for 2017 on February 22nd. Click here to view the UPSC IAS Exam Notification 2017.
Best Books For Agriculture Optional For UPSC Exam-
Agriculture is highly scoring optional subject in UPSC IAS Mains exam. The aspirants from the academic background in Agriculture, Botany, Zoology and allied field can opt this as their optional for UPSC IAS Mains exam. It will be difficult to any aspirants does not have a prior knowledge of Biology or agriculture. With the right approach, it is possible to clear this exam in the first attempt But don’t get depressed if you fail.
The Paper I of Agriculture Optional paper is which is like General studies Paper principally focuses on farm practices and basic foundation of agriculture. But Paper II of Agriculture optional deals with the technical concepts such as Cell Theory, cell structure which is an eliminating factor if it is not covered thoroughly.
Why agriculture optional?
- The syllabus of Agriculture optional for UPSC IAS Mains exam is short and aspirants can manage it easily.
- The Paper II of Agriculture optional is similar to Botany optional Paper II. So an aspirant from Botany background can also tackle this paper if they have a great understanding of the subject.
- Several topics of agriculture directly help in General Studies, especially in Economy and Geography.
Important Books of Agriculture optional for UPSC Exam-
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
- Soil Science – D.K Das or Brady
- Agronomy by Yellamananda Reddy
- Plant Breeding by B.D. Singh
- Genetics by B.D.Singh
- Physiology by Pandey & Singha
- Introduction to Horticulture – Kumar
- Handbook of Agriculture by ICAR
- Agricultural Extension Education in India
- Pathology – Singh
- Entomology – Vasantha Raj & David
- The Hindu – Survey of Indian Agriculture
- Agriculture Statistics – Dept. of Agri. and coop. statistics at a glance
- Special Issue of Agriculture by The Hindu
Some sites which also provide online study material, previous year question paper and class notes you can visit their