Best courses in Delhi University (DU) for science students
Delhi University, the first name that conquers the minds of all students nationwide after schooling and this is what makes the 96 years old University, disappointing for an immense number of students. The prestigious university offers the best quality education and because of which it is intrigued to hold a record of having the highest cut off marks. The University consists of 16 faculties, 77 colleges, 86 departments, 132435 regular students and 261169 informal program students, while it had started its educational trip with just two colleges.
There are two doors to get into Delhi University. The first way is to gain a high percentage in your qualifying exam and the other way is through entrance exams.
Opting science as your premier subject can be an omniscient decision of yours. The university is recognized to have a huge exposure for its students at this stream, whether it is about career or about research.
Here is a list of some best courses in Delhi University for science students-
- UG&PG courses in Biotechnology: – There are different kinds of science students at Delhi University. Some choose science to have an esteemed job with a beautiful salary while the other chooses it to live the life of a researcher. Biotechnology indulges both the qualities in it. It has a vast field of research. You can get into this course through an aptitude test.
- UG&PG courses in Ayurveda, and Unani: – These courses give you a chance to become doctor and heal the people with traditional and natural methods of medicine. Ayurveda has emerged as a premier method of curing and is being liked by the people across the globe. People have started resisting the pills and tablets because of their ill effects on other organs while it is not the same with Ayurveda. According to the latest admission norms of the government of India you can get admission in these programs through NEET (UG/PG).
- M.B.B.S:- Bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery, the ticket of being recruited as a doctor, to the most expensive hospital of your city. The government of India has arranged a different entrance exam for it I.e. NEET (UG/PG) which is conducted by the Central Board Of Secondary Education.
- UG&PG courses in technology: – There university offers B.tech and M.tech courses in information technology and mathematical innovations. This course is beneficial to both kind of student. Those who are seeking for a stable career and those who want to get into the depth of mathematics.
- UG&PG courses in nursing and pharmacy: – Having a pharmacy degree gives you an opportunity to put an officer tag in your name. You can be a medical officer with this degree and can also be a pharmacist and own your retail or wholesale medicine business.
There are much more you can explore at the department of science at Delhi university like-
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Bio-Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Bio-medical Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Botany
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Biological Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Zoology
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Zoology
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Electronics
- B.Sc.(Hons.) Statistics
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics
All the above listed courses are available to the students moving for Post graduation courses at Delhi University.
For the students, who have studied science but want to opt for a different subject at Delhi University, the university imposes a disadvantage of 2% on the calculated four percentages. So this says that Delhi University never takes your dreams for-granted. It always welcomes you to bring out the best of yourself. So tighten up your laces and work hard because, Delhi University proves itself to be a synonym for competition in its qualifying exams.
Best of luck!!