The ethical hacker is a trusted person who has appointed to provide guard against hacking attempts. Today, there is a worldwide demand for information security professionals these days. Thus, ethical hacking seems to be fruitful for the person that does it. There are a lot of career opportunities in this field of ethical hacking that benefits a person in terms of job or for other higher education.
There are many topics in which the person who tries to do the course of ethical hacking should have keen interest. The main fields involve:
- Computer Networks
- C++ or Java
- UNIX Knowledge
- Cyber, System, Data Security
As ethical hacking has a wider scope, so it opens a lot of career opportunities. The designations that can be achieved by the person involves:
- Network Security System Administrator/Manager
- Network Security Engineer
- Systems/Applications Security Executive
- Web security Administrator/Manager
- Ethical Hacker
- Data security specialist
- Computer Forensics Investigator
- IT Security Administrator/Consultant/ Manager
- Security Certified Programmer
Beside this, a lot more better options are available.
The main certificates achieved are:
- CEH by EC-Council
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- GIAC certified forensic analyst (GCFA)
Beside this, many other certifications also available.
- 10+2 required
There are many surveys conducted in order to find out the scope of ethical hacking course in India. From this, following results are determined.
- Reputed companies like Wipro, Infosys, IBM, Airtel and Reliance are always in look for good ethical hackers. There is an estimate need of 60,000 ethical hackers.
- Within a few minutes, a single computer intrusion can cause losses amounting to millions of dollars, thus need of ethical hacker is must to control cyber terrorism
- Computer security is a global issue and it’s the duty of an ethical hacker to make the cyber space safe, Thus, ethical hackers are in great demand.
- The starting salary of ethical hackers in India range from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 4.2 lakh per annum which is a big amount.
All above points shows that there is a lot of bright scope of ethical hackers in coming time.
Average Salary Associated:
There is a large amount of salary associated with ethical hackers of different designations. The is a list of approximate salary of the ethical hacker:
- Security Analyst – Rs. 216,000 to 80,0000
- Information Security Analyst – Rs. 143,000 to 912,000
- Security Consultant – Rs 123,000 to 928,000
- CEH- Rs. 175,000 to 1,066,000
- IT Manager –Rs. 263,000 to 1,531,000
Thus, here is a proof that the ethical hacking has a wider scope and turns the future of the student brighter by its effect.
This research has been conducted by oureducation.in to find Career in Ethical Hacking in India on June 4, 2014.
You can verify by mailing us at : firstname.lastname@example.org