Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E) is one of the most promising Board that deals with serving quality educations to their students. In this post, I have tried to made available CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Chemistry for the appearing Board students which covers all important topics that help you to gain good marks in Final Exams. Chemistry is the interesting subject to prepare as per exam point of view as it include various name reactions and formulas to learn. To prepare this CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Chemistry, some help has been taken from previous year Board Paper and Sample Papers.
CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12th Chemistry
i) All questions are compulsory.
ii) Marks for each question are indicated against it.
iii) Question from 1 to 8 is very short answer questions of 1 mark each.
iv) Question from 9 to 18 are short-answer questions of 2 marks each.
v) Question from 19 to 27 are short-answer questions of 3 marks each.
vi) Question from 28 to 30 are long-answer questions of 5 marks each.
Section-I [1 MARK QUESTIONS]
1. Which one of the PCl4- and PCl4+ is not likely to exist and Why?
2. Define Electrophoresis.
3. What would be the value of Van’t Hoff factor for a dilute solution of K2SO4 in water?
4. Draw the structural formula of 2-methylpropan-2-ol molecule.
5. Express the relation between half life period of a reactant and its initial concentration for reaction of nth order?
6. What is co-ordination number in hcp and ccp types of solids?
7. Arrange the following compounds in order of increasing boiling points:
Chloropropane, Iso propylchloride, 1-Chlorobutane
8. Give the IUPAC name of the following compounds (CH3)2C=CHCOOH.
Section-II [2 MARK QUESTIONS]
9. Distinguish between ‘rate expression’ and ‘rate constant’ of a reaction.
10. On the basis of Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle show that the electron (mass=9×10-31kg) cannot exist within an atomic nucleus of radius 10 -15m.
11. Account for the following:
(i) Transition metals compounds are coloured.
(ii) The role of crystallite in electro-metallurgy of Al.
12. Silver crystallises in fcc lattice. If edge length of the cell is 4.07 × 10-8 cm and density is 10.5 g/cm3,Calculate the atomic mass of silver.
13. Draw the structure of the monomer for each of the following polymer:
i) Nylon 6
14. Do the following conversions:
i) Benzyl alcohol to 2-phenyl ethanoic acid.
ii) Ethyl chloride to propanoic acid.
15. Given that the standard electrode potentials (Eo) of metals are:
K+ / K = – 2.93 V, Ag+ / Ag = 0.80 V, Cu2+ / Cu = 0.34 V,Mg2+ /Mg = – 2.37 V, Cr3+ / Cr = – 0.74 V, Fe 2+/Fe = – 0.44 V.
Arrange these metals in an increasing order of their reducing power.
16. Name one substances which can act as both:
i) Analgesic and antipyretic.
ii) Antiseptic and disinfectant.
17. Name a gas used in:
i) In gas cooled nuclear reactor
ii) In fluorescent bulbs
iii) For filling electrical bulbs
18. Give reasons for the following:
i) MnO is basic while Mn2O7 is acidic in nature.
ii) Actinides show more number of oxidation states than lanthanides.
Section-C [3 MARK QUESTIONS]
19. i) Calculate the charge in Coloumbs required for oxidation of 2 moles of water to oxygen [Given IF=96,500Cmol-1]
ii) Zn/Silver oxide cell is used in hearing aids and electric watches. The following reaction occur: Zn(s) ——–>Zn2+(aq)+2e- given: E0(Zn2+/Zn)=-0.76V
Ag2O+ H2O+2e- ——————> 2Ag+2OH- given: E0 (Ag+/Ag)=0.344V
Calculate: a) Standard potential of the cell b) Standard Gibbs Energy
20. A first order reaction takes 69.3 minutes for 50% completion. Set up an equation for determining the time needed for 80% completion of this reaction.
21. Differentiate between lyophobic and lyophilic sol .Also give two examples of solid sol and Gel.
22. Explain the following
i) What do you mean secondary structure of proteins?
ii) Give an example of zwitter ion?
23. Explain the following giving one example for each:
(i) Reimer-Tiemann reaction.
(ii) Friedel Craft’s acetylation of anisole.
24. Write chemical equation to carry out the following conversions :
i) Benzene to Benzyl alcohol
ii) Propane nitrile to 1- phenylpropanone
25. How would you account for the following:
(i) PCl5 is known but NCl5 is not known.
(ii) XeF2 is a linear molecule without a ben
(iii) The electron gain enthalpy with negative sign for fluorine is less than that for chlorine, still fluorine is a stronger oxidizing agent than chlorine.
26. Arrange the following compounds in the decreasing order of reactivity towards SN2 displacement reaction and give reasons in support of your answer.
(i) C2H5Br, C2H5I, C2H5Cl (ii) (CH3)3CBr, CH3CH2CHBrCH3, CH3CH2CH2 CH2Br
i) What is the role of depressant in froth flotation process?
ii) Out of C and CO which is a better reducing agent for FeO
a) In the lower part of blast furnace(higher temperature)
b) In the upper part of blast furnace (lower temperature)
Section-IV [5 MARK QUESTIONS]
28. Evaluate (a)
(i) Which is stronger reducing agent: Cr2+ or Fe2+ and Why?
(ii) Explain why Cu+ ion is not stable in aqueous solution?
(iii) Silver is a transition metal but Zinc is not. Why?
(b) Write chemical equations for the following reactions:
(i) Disproportionation of manganese(VI) in acidic solution
(ii) Acidification of potassium chromate solution.
29. (a) Define Azeotropes and explain briefly minimum boiling Azeotrope by taking suitable example.
(b) The vapour pressures of pure liquids A and B are 450mm and 700mm of Hg respectively at 350K. Calculate the composition of liquid mixture if total vapour pressure is 600mm of Hg. Also find the composition of mixture in the vapour phase.
a) State Henry’s law and mention its two applications.
b) Which of the following has higher boiling point and Why? 0.1 M NaCl or 0.1 M Glucose
c) On dissolving 19.5g of CH2FCOOH in 500g of water a depression of 10C in freezing point of Water is observed. Calculate the Vant Hoff factor. Given Kf= 1.86K Kg mol-1.
a) How will you bring the following conversions in not more than two steps:
(i) Toluene to Benzaldehyde
(ii) Ethyl cyanide to 1-phenylproanone
a) Write chemical equations to carry out the following conversions:
(i) Benzene to Benzylalcohol
(ii) Propane nitrile to 1-phenylpropanone.
b) Account for the following:
(i) Benzoic acid does not undergo Friedal-Craft Reaction
(ii) pKa value of chloroacetic acid is lower than pKa value of acetic acid.
To get pdf of CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Chemistry, follow:
- Class 12 Chemistry Sample Papers CBSE Board
- CBSE Solved Sample Papers for Class 12 Chemistry
- Chemistry Sample Papers for Class 12 CBSE
To get more CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12, follow:
- C.B.S.E Sample Paper Class 12th Chemistry
- Chemistry Sample Paper for Class 12
- Sample paper class 12th chemistry
- Sample Paper of Class 12th CBSE Maths
- CBSE Sample Papers Class 12 Maths
- CBSE Maths Sample paper for Class 12
BLUE PRINT OF CLASS12th CHEMISTRY SAMPLE PAPER
If you have any suggestion about this topic or post, please let us know.
All the best for your Preparations..!!