Creating Cohesive Websites:-
Conceptual Overview Website Development:-
Website development is in developing a web site for the Internet or an intranet. Website development can be used for developing the simplest static single page of plain text to the most complex web-based electronic businesses, internet applications, and social network services. More comprehensive list of tasks to which web development commonly refers to web design and web content development in site, client liaison, client-side/server-side scripting, web server and network security configuration, and e-commerce development. Among website designer website development usually refers to the main non-design aspects of building web sites: writing markup and coding.
Website Design issues:-
- Deep linking- Deep linking is the practice of linking directly to someone else’s content from your site without the target’s consent.
- Very Large Images- Important images in the website should never be larger than about 20KB (kilobytes). Artwork should be linked through small icons and the size of the full image should be clearly stated.
- HTML Reduced Images- The height and width in HTML tags in the website should never be used to reduce the size of an image as this forces the browser to download more data than is needed. A graphics editing program must be used to reduce the image to the appropriate size of the image.
- Unspecified Image Dimensions- The actual width and height of every image should be specified in the tag attached.
- No Text Alternatives-All images in the website should have a text equivalent, either as an ALT tag or in a separate description.
- Browser Dependent- The HTML extensions specific to one browser should NEVER be relied upon.
- Bad Scaling-Website should adapt well to different window sizes. A page whichdoes not scale itself to a wide range of sizes forces users to scroll around or to consume excessive desktop space in order to find what they are looking for.
- Plug-Ins may be Required.
- HTTP File Download may be used.
- Bad Alignment.