EXECUTIVE MBA IN INDIA
MBA is a master’s degree in business administration. There are various business schools in India that offer full time, part time, executive and distance learning MBA programs. The main reason why a person opts for an MBA degree is:
- Career prospects: By obtaining an MBA degree one gets a lot of job opportunities ads compared to a normal bachelor’s degree graduate.
- Networking: This degree leads to various contacts with high profile professionals through internship and training.
- Salary: An employed person always aspires for increase in salary. This degree can imply that within a short period of time.
For those who desire for a master’s degree without full time involvement in classes and also continuing their job, Executive MBA is the perfect course one should undergo. It is also referred to as EMBA. MBA and EMBA programs have the same curriculum only the class format and admission criteria vary. EMBA is designed to meet the needs of upper level managers rather the educational needs of managers and executives allowing students to earn an MBA degree without hampering their job and working full time.
Though the normal MBA degree can be obtained through various entrance exams but for an EMBA degree GMAT or MAT exam are the most popular ones. In order to pursue this degree one needs to be eligible for the same. Some of the eligibility criteria for EMBA are:
- At least a bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% aggregate.
- Minimum of 5 years professional work experience for IIMS
This criterion of having work experience is compulsory and years of experience vary from college to college. EMBA is becoming very popular now days. This degree is adopted by the professionals in order to enhance their managerial skills. This course duration is of three years. There are various colleges in India that offer the executive MBA degree. The course duration is of almost 2 years with classes probably only on weekends.
The list of 5 best colleges in India that offer the program of Executive MBA.
- Indian institute of management, ahmedabad (IIMA)
- Indian institute of management, Bangalore (IIMB)
- Indian institute of management, lucknow (IIML)
- Indian institute of management, Indore (IIMI)
- Indian school of business, Pune
Apart from the above mentioned colleges there are some other colleges also that offer EMBA program and one can rely on these colleges if they missed the opportunities of the colleges mentioned above.
List of colleges in all over India:
- MISB(Meridian international school of business)
- Pearl school of business (PSB)
- IILM institute for higher education
- Asia pacific institute of management studies (AIMS)
- Indian institute of foreign trade (IIFT)
- International management institute
- MDI- gurgaon
- Rai business school (RBS)
- Aura Institutions
- Amity – noida
- St. Joseph’s college of business administration
- Xavier institute of management and entrepreneurship (XIME)
- International school of management excellence
- National Institute of retail management
- Accord school of business
- Annex college of management studies
- Binary institute of management and technology
- Globsyn business school(GBS)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Swami Vivekananda College
- Alagappa Directorate of Distance Education
- Anant Pandurang Vidhyalaya & Junior College
- Indian Institute of Material Management
- National College Educational and Management
- Indian Institute of Management Training
- Narsee Moinjee Institute of Management Studies
- L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research
- Training and Advanced Studies in Management & Communication (TASMAC)
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University School of Commerce and Management
- Sri Bansidhar Aggarwal School & Junior College.