Planning for PMP exam
Many questions arise in everyone’s mind before sitting for the PMP exam. What is the type of PMP questions? How can you prepare for it? How to plan for the preparation etc? But the main focus for the PMP exam is the credential which is widely recognized and one of the respected credentials in the global industry. This certification is validating and accrediting the skills in project management. So according to the pattern of the question the exam is for testing the candidates and judge them according to their knowledge, application of the concept, analysis of the situation.
Topic of the questions
- Questions from knowledge Application- There is a popular guide of PMI which is known as Project Management body of Knowledge. To know about the concepts from the guide and using those concepts in real life projects is the main motto behind the questions of PMP. Learning the concepts from text book and using them in real projects are two different things. So you should have the capability to think and answer on the use of those concepts and not only simple knowledge.
- Includes application questions related to the real situations- If someone is a project manager of any organization. If some issues erupts in the project. How to tackle those problem and what are the tools used for tackling those problems are the real concepts which are judged from the PMP questions.
- There are many formulas discussed in the guide book but maximum 8 to 10 questions only need formulas.
- At least ten to twelve questions could be the valued questions.
- Project management subject contains many abbreviated words. Moreover in the PMP exam all the abbreviations are used to know about the knowledge of the students regarding the words of management. So it is required to learn all the full names of PMP terms.
- After a research it is being seen that that half of the people who could not be able to pass this exam because they have no project management training which is based on the concepts of PMI methodologies and terminologies.
- Concentrating on the topics of framework, risk, procurement, integration and time will be fruitful for the students.
- This exam provides some pre release questions which are continuously cycled in the exam and some of the old questions are dropped.
- Concentrating on the groups of controlling, executing, monitoring, professional and social responsibility is required for cracking this exam.