How do I prepare for the civil service exam while working a 9am-7pm job
Those who want to prepare for civil service exams but stuck in 9 to 7 job, they can go through the tips mentioned in the guide. Your office starts at 9 AM and you come back at 7 PM, then you take shower and get relaxed for a while. In this scenario, you find yourself not able to prepare for the exam. But still you can prepare for it. How? You might be wondering. Don’t worry, it is possible; just check the guide information below:
- You can use maximum hours apart from working in civil service exam preparation.
- You just choose compulsory sources and limit yourself to very few sources. If you choose many books of same subjects and study material from different sources then you may get confused. You have to conduct your research in order to find out the best book and right study material and notes so that you can stick to them.
- You should not skip reading NCERT books (6th to 12th class). This is very important and you have to read these books. History and Geography NCERT books have good content and you can command over the important topics just reading these books. Historical and geographic concepts are defined in a very good manner and you will come to know after going through these books.
- Reading newspaper is a very good practice and it does not consume your time. You can read news in office hours as well. There are so many online news sites that offer a reliable platform to read news. You can keep yourself updated with current national and international affairs without wasting much time. You need not to devote extra time for it. Even you can have a discussion over the current news with the colleagues or friends in office. It helps fix the facts in your mind without any problem.
- You can read newspaper in the morning before going office. You can read it while having breakfast or on the way to office. This is an easy way to go through the current affairs.
- If you have two or three serious IAS aspirants in your group or office, you can practice together. On weekly basis, you can share your learning’s.
- You have to plan preparation in advance. You should fix particular months like 11 months so that you can devote time as per the subjects. If you have planned devoting 11 months for preparation so better finish the entire syllabus within 10 months and keep one month only for practice.
- You need not to fall for various study sources as this is not the right decision in last stage of the preparation.
- If you are already short of time, you need not to spend extra hours on making notes. You can just highlight main points in the books or study material. You can also use the margin of the books to make points.
- You have to devote at least 4 to 5 hours in preparation during week days but you should study at least 10-11 hours on weekends. Sometimes you can take offs from office to prepare for special topics.
- You can enrol for test series.
Many students have been inspired by the stories of IAS, IFS, IPS officers. Many students…
IAS Coaching Centers are many in our country. Each of these IAS coaching centers offers…
Indian Administrative Services is one of the best occupations in India. This is why many…
The Reserve Bank of India conducts recruitment time to time. This can be to Grade…
Coaching for UPSC is very common. UPSC is one of the exam that is very…
The State governments of different states have taken the initiative to reduce the fees structure…