IAS is an extremely competitive paper. It has a vast syllabus. Lakhs of students from all over India apply for it and only a handful students pass it to gain a Public Service post in IAS, IPS or IFS.
The UPSC paper also consists of an optional language. For Bengali students, it is best to choose Bengali as the optional language. Bengali is very widely spoken India and East India. Bengali students don’t need to worry about learning other languages. They can easily find books and self help study material on the internet.
As a student, you can either self study or join a coaching centre. IAS aspirants should focus on all subjects, especially the languages. They are easy to understand and can help you gain extra marks.
We have compiled some tips on how to study and prepare for IAS exam in Bengali.
- Understand the paper
All IAS aspirants should have knowledge of what will come in the paper. The IAS exam is conducted once every year. Each paper consists of 250 maximum marks. You will get 3 hours for the paper of Bengali Language paper.
- Know your syllabus
The syllabus is available online. You can even download it’s PDF. Make sure to go through it twice. Cover each and every topic and ensure that you do not ignore or overlook any topic.
- Prepare a comprehensive study plan
It is important for every student to create a clear and concise study plan. You can make monthly plans or weekly plans or daily plans. Adhere to this schedule and you will succeed for sure. Also set aside time for revision. You can divide the portions according to importance. Keep side some time in your schedule to learn and practice Bengali vocabulary.
Daily study for at least 8 hours out which allocate at least 1- 2 hours for Bengali.
- Obtain study notes
You can get study notes online or through coaching centres that teach in Bengali.
- Write mock tests
You can get mock tests and previous year papers from the internet. Visit www.upsc.gov.in for official previous year papers.
Must Check – Top IAS Coaching Centre in Kolkata
Here are some books you can study from:
UPSC reference books can provide a good and concise background information of what to expect in the paper. Study from encyclopedis, handbooks, dictionaries, etc.
– The Oxford India Anthology of Bengali Literature (1941-1991) – Volume 2 (1941-1991) by Kalpana Bardhan
– Manorama yearbook
– General Knowledge & Who’s who 2019 – Bengali
– Bangla Sahityer Sankshipta Itihas By Bhudeb Chaudhuri
– IAS General Studies Preliminary Topic wise solved papers(paper I and Paper II) by New Vishal’s Editorial Board
– Pathfinder CDS Examination Conducted by UPSC by Arihant Experts
– The Megayear Book for 2017 Current Affairs and General knowledge for competitive exams by Disha Experts
– 21 years CSAT General studies IAS prelims topic wise solved papers by Disha Experts
– Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
– The Pearson General Knowledge Manual
If a student is confident in Bengali as a language, he/she should opt for it. Students should have good memorising skills along with writing skills. It can take 4 to 5 months for a student to learn the syllabus for UPSC in Bengali.
The student should have great knowledge about the Bengali language.
Must check – Top 10 IAS Coaching Centre in Kolkata
Here are some tips on how to increase your vocabulary
– Start using new words
When you are speaking in normal or with others, try to incorporate new words and remember them.
– Refer a Bengali dictionary.
Bengali dictionary can prove to be very useful. Highlight and read one page everyday. This will also increase your grammar
– Read new books
Read novels in Bengali. This will help you learn new words easily along with its correct usage
– Keep a journal
When you keep a journal, you will not only increase your vocabulary knowledge but also increase your writing skills. Try to use the new words you have learned in your journal. You can always go back to this journal before the exam.
IAS Notes UPSC Toppers group
List of Top IAS Coaching Institutes in Other Locations
- Top UPSC in Patna
- Top IAS Coaching in Chennai
- Best ias Coaching in Trivandrum
- Top IAS Coaching in Bhubaneswar
- Top IAS Coaching Classes in Mumbai
- Best IAS Coaching in Guwahati
- In Delhi Best IAS Coaching Centers
- Top SSC Coaching in Delhi
- UPSC Coaching in Delhi
- Best UPSC Coaching in Dehradun
- Top IAS Coaching in Allahabad
- Top IAS Coaching in Bhopal
- Top IAS Coaching in Telangana
- IAS Coaching Institute in Bangalore
- Top UPSC Coaching in Indore
- Best IAS Coaching Center in Hyderabad
- Top IAS Coaching Centre in Kolkata
- Top IAS Coaching in Chandigarh
IAS Notes UPSC Toppers group