IBM Placement Paper
IBM Placement Paper With Answers & Solutions:-
1. If x,y,z are the marbles initially with A,B,C respectively.Then the number of marbles B have at the end
(d) x + y-z
2. If the total number of marbles are 72, then the number of marbles with A at the starting
3. If a car starts from A towards B with some velocity. Due to some problem in the engine after traveling 30km, the car goes with 4/5 th of its actual velocity
The car reaches B 45 min later to the actual time. If the car engine fails after traveling 45km, the car reaches the destination B 36min late to the actual time What is the initial velocity of car and what is the distance between A and B in km
Ans. 20 & 130.
4. Ten questions on analogies.
chief : tribe :: governer : state
epaulette : shoulder :: tiara : head
guttural : throat :: gastric : stomach
inept : clever :: languid : active
5. In a class, except 18 all are above 50 years. 15 are below 50 years of age. How many people are there
(d) none of these.
6. In UNIX a files i-node ……?
Ans. Is a data structure that defines all specifications of a file like the file size,
number of lines to a file, permissions etc.
7. The UNIX shell ….
a) does not come with the rest of the system
b) forms the interface between the user and the kernal
c) does not give any scope for programming
d) deos not allow calling one program from with in another
e) all of the above
8. The very first process created by the kernal that runs till the kernal process is halts is
c) both (a) and (b)
d) none of these
9. Output of the following program is
e) Syntax error
10. What is the output in the following program
unsigned int u =-16;
e) None of these
11. In the process table entry for the kernel process, the process id value is
(e) it does not have a process table entry
12. Which of the following API is used to hide a window
e) None of the above
13. What will the following program do?
char *p=”New Sring”;
a=malloc(strlen(p) + 1);
strcpy(a,p); //Line number:9//
p = malloc(strlen(Temp) + 1);
} //Line number 15//
a) Swap contents of p & a and print:(New string, string)
b) Generate compilation error in line number 8
c) Generate compilation error in line number 5
d) Generate compilation error in line number 7
e) Generate compilation error in line number 1
14. Which one of the following is not related with files?
15. Which one of the following is not a keyword?
Ans : B
16. Writing comments
A. Increases .exe file size.
B. Is a good programming practice.
c. Takes more compilation time.
Ans : B.Is a good programming practice.
17. Convert the following decimal number into Hex number… 10767
Ans : 2A0Fh
18. Vector processing means
Ans : Processing the column vector elements parallelly.
19. Constant member function can be loaded with
A. Constant member function.
B. Static member function.
C. Cannot be overloaded.
Ans : C. Cannot be overloaded.
20. By using which of the following functions, we can access the members of the two instances of a same class
A. Member function.
B. Friend function
C. Both A and B.
D. Neither A nor B.
Ans : C.
21. Exception specification is in c++ to provide
B. Object oriented ness
C. Error handling
Ans : C
22. Which one of the following is a parse generator?
Ans : YaCC
23. In a communication model, we can communicate in both directions, but only one at a time. So the system is called
B. Half duplex
C. Full duplex
Ans : Half duplex
24. In A,B,C are having some marbles with each of them. A has given B and C the same number of marbles each of them already have.Then, B gave C and A the same number of marbles they already have.Then C gave A and B the same number of marbles they already have.At the end A,B,and C have equal number of marbles.
(i) If x,y,z are the marbles initially with A,B,C respectively. Then the number of marbles B have at the end
(d) x + y-z
25. like 3 consecutive prime adds to some no what is that
Ans:- both 49 and 59.
26. one person travlled 4 laps with the speed of 10,20,40 ( or 30) and 60 kmph and what is the average speed.
27.like one student takes 20 mins if he go with speed 15kmph and at what speed he should go to reach in 15 mins ( nos are not same)
28.like from height of 8 mts on ball fell down and each time it bounces half the distance back. so what will be the distance travelled
Ans:- 24 (sure) like 8+4+4+2+2+1+1+0.5+0.5+ and etc .. answer is not 20
29.Some data is given like this 10kmph in still water ship took some x mins and downstream some y mins in same time what is the stream value ….
30. No. of rational nos b/w 0 and 5
31. First day of 1999 is Sunday what day is the last day
32. Bullets probel some x no of bullets are shared by 3 people equally . and each fired 4 bullets then the sum of remaining bullets is equal to intially divsion value
33.Like A can do in 6 day and B can do in 8 and C can do in 12 days but b left after working for 6 days for how many no of day A and C shluld work
34. Which sorting techniques is best for already sorted array…?.
Ans: bubble sort
35. Difference between 0123 and 123 in C ?
Ans : 40
36. which 3 consequtive prime numbers gives the total?
Ans: 49 (13,17,19)
37. Rational numbers between 1 and 5
Ans: d. Infinite
38. .A cube of 3 unit has 6 surface is painted. If u cut the cube of 1 unit each how many cubes remain unpainted on all sides.
39. One questions in profit and loss a person sold an article at Rs.141 at 6% loss,to gain a profit of 10% at what price the article should be sold.
40. If person 20 min at 12 kmph. then how many Kmph in 15 minutes
41. Three person shared bullets equally. 4 were shot total no of bullets remaining is equal to the no of bullets initially divided
Ans : 18
42. If a ball is dropped from 8ft and it bounces half the height each time. Then the total distance travelled
43.6 squares of equal size are placed side by side to form a rectangle whose perimeter is 182. find the perimeter of the single square.
44. The average age of students in a class is 16.when a teacher of age 40 is added , the average becoems 17. what is the total number of students
45. Which of the following has the function scope?
D. Goto label
E. All the above
Ans : E.
46. Rom is
Ans : non Volatile, cannot be changed and it contains boot up program.
47. How many different binary trees can be formed by 4 nodes?
Ans : 12 [Note:(2 power n) – n]
48. char *p = (char *)10 means
A.It points to the value at address 10.
B.It returns the character whose ASCII value is 10.
Ans : A
49. Running time of a function f(n)=8T(n/2)+qn for n>1, where q is a constant…
Ans : n power 3. (Check the answer)-correct
50. Order of Bubble sort
Ans : O(n power 2)
51. If a car starts from A towards B with some velocity.Due to some problem in the engine after travelling 30km, the car goes with 4/5 th of its actual velocity.The car reaches B 45 min later to the actual time.If the car engine fails ofter travelling 45km, the car reaches the destination B 36 min late to the actual time.What is the initial velocity of car and what is the distance between A and B in km
Ans. 20 & 130.
52. In a class, except 18 all are above 50 years.15 are below 50 years of age. How many people are there?
(d) none of these.
53. A cow is tethered in the middle of a field with a 14 feet long rope. If the cow grazes 100 sq feet per day approximately. What time will be taken by the cow to graze the grazeable area of the field?
(a) 2 days
(b) 18 days
(c) 24 days
(d) 6 days
(e) None of these
Ans: ( d ) 6 days
54. 7/8 of 3/7 of a number is equal to 25% of 45% of another number. What is the ratio of the first and the second numbers respectively?
(a) 3 : 7
(b) 9: 10
(c) 3 : 10
(d) 3 : 2
(e) None of these
Ans: ( c ) 3 : 10
55. A sample of milk contains 5% water. What quantity of pure milk should be added to 10 litres of milk to reduce the water content to 2%?
(a) 5 litres
(b) 7 litres
(c) 15 litres
(d) 12 litres
(e) None of these
Ans: ( c ) 15 litres
56. The difference between the compound interest and the simple interest on a certain sum of money at 5% per annum for 2 years is Rs. 1.50. Find the sum.
(a) Rs. 800
(b) Rs. 1200
(c) Rs. 400
(d) Rs. 600
(e) None of these
Ans: ( d ) Rs. 600
57. How many such digits are there in the number 57683421, each of which is as far away from the beginning of the number, as they will be when arranged in descending order within the number ?
(D) More than three
Ans : (D)
58. Don and his wife each receive an 8 percent annual raise. if don receives a raise rs.800 and his wife receives a raise of rs. 840, what is the difference between their annual income after their raises?
a) 40. b) 460. c) 500. d) 540.
59. A problem on Boats and Streams…There is a river. A boy’s house is at the river bank and his school is on the other side of the river. The distance between house and school is 1/4 miles.The boy is going to school by swimming at the rate of 2.5mph.The river’s upstream is 2mph.How long will it take him to reach the school?
Ans : 30min.
60. The diameter of a wheel is 1.26m.If this wheel rotates 500 rotations, how long it can travel?
Ans : 1.98km.
61. If the ratio of speed of a train is 5:4:6 then what is ratio of the time taken to cover same distance?
Ans : 12:15:10
62. If five buds can make a full cigarette, how many cigarettes can we make with 121 buds?
Ans : 30
63. The ratio of radii of two cylinders is 2:3 and the ratio of their heights is 5:3. If the volume of the bigger cylinder is 27, then what is volume of the smaller one?
Ans : 20
64. If the sum of the digits of a two digit number is 9 less than the original number, then what is the 10s digit of the number?
Ans : 1
65. What is the condition for a singular matrix?
Ans : All values of a row are 0 and all values of a column are 0.
Note: For a matrix A, to be singular, The determinant value of
that matrix should be 0,ie, |A|=0.
Tell us Your Queries, Suggestions and Feedback
3 Responses to IBM Placement Paper
« Placement Criteria for Mindtree with Placement Papers ABB technical questions with answers »
If you are looking for the job and your career in IBM the above information could really prove to be useful for you.
IBM is one of the most well known America based multinational technology and consulting company. Aspirants who r hvng dream to join IBM can get reference from here……..