INTRODUCTION TO WEB SERVER AND ITS CONFIGURATION
WEB SERVERS :-
– It refers to a hardware or software that helps to deliver web content that can be accessed through the internet.
-It is used to deliver the web pages on the request of clients using Hyper Text Transfer Protocol.
– It runs on a computer and responds to the requests made by other computers.
– They are found in devices such as printers, routers, webcams.
– The Web Browser sends request to a Web Server and accepts response from the server.
FEATURES OF WEB SERVERS :-
– It manages the Web Site.
– It accepts a client’s request.
– It responds to a client request by sending required information.
– A cache is a mechanism used to temporarily storage the web documents.
-It stores copies of documents passing through it and subsequent request may be satisfied from the cache if certain conditions are met.
– HTTP defines three different mechanisms for controlling cache:-
• Freshness:- A response is allowed to be used without re-checking it on origin server.
• Validation:-It can be used to check whether a cache is still good or it became stale.
• Invalidation:-It is a side effect of another request that passes through the cache.
– INTERNET INFORMATION SERVER is an integral part of Windows server family..
– It shares information with users on the internet.
– It supports HTTP, FTP and SMTP.
– Web servers play an key role in the initial growth of WWW.
-It operates on systems like MICROSOFT WINDOWS, UNIX, GNU etc.
SETTING UP APACHE HTTP SERVER IN WINDOWS:-
1) Download Apache HTTP Server:-
2) Installing Apache HTTP Server
3) Change the Apache HTTP Server Directory
4) Running Apache HTTP Server