JNTU PACET or Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Of Planning and Architecture Common Entrance Test is conducted for taking admission into Bachelor Of Architecture every year. It also consists of various other courses like Bachelor Of Planning and Part time courses for B.Arch .
- Applying candidates need to be passed their 10+2 examination conducted by Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh or any other equivalent examination, with minimum 50% marks and Mathematics & English as compulsory subject.
- Those who have completed their three years of diploma (10+3) in Engineering / Architecture conducted by the State Board with at least 50% marks can also apply.
- Candidates should be a native of Andhra Pradesh.
- Those who are appearing in the final examination are also eligible for this exam.
JNTU PACET Exam Pattern and Format:-
Full Marks: 300
Total Time Duration: 6 Hours
|Subjects||Total No. of Questions||Time Duration|
|i. Drawing||100||2 hrs.|
|ii. Aesthetics||100||2 hrs.|
|B. Paper – II Planning||100||2 hrs.|
JNTU PACET SYLLABUS :-
Part A – ARCHITECTURE:
Drawing aptitude of the candidates shall be judged on this following aspects:
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
- Sense of perspective drawing.
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on the surroundings.
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating visual harmony using colors in given composition.
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes or forms.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
- Understanding of scale and sense of proportion.
II. Aesthetic Sensitivity-
Aesthetic Sensitivity evaluates candidate’s imagination, observation and perception and communication & creativity ; and Architectural awareness also. The test shall comprise of:
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional object
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings
- Analytical Reasoning
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities
- Imaginative comprehension and expression
- Mental Ability
- Architectural awareness
Part B- PLANNING:
This test checks ability to comprehend, perception, represent and interpret. This section includes:
- Pattern recognition- Numerical, Geometrical, Verbal and Graphic.
- Graphic representation and communication – Recognition & identification of symbols and graphic representations.
- Imaginative comprehension and expression – description of situations in villages / town / cities.
- Logical thinking / analytical reasoning- interpreting situations, matching concepts to situations.
- Community awareness- Poverty groups and problems, Income groups, community associations and action, Local governance practices, and community amenities.
- Planning and development general knowledge- National and local plans, books, policies, planners, authors.
- Geography- Indian, A.P. State -political, physical, economic, .
- Quantitative abilities- Numerical and Geometrical
- Scientific thinking- Fundamental principles and laws of physics, chemistry and ‘Scientific method’ of biology.
You can also download the syllabus in PDF form.
Click here to download: SYLLABUS of JNTU PACET
Readers can give their suggestions / feedbacks in the given below comment section to improve the article. We’ll be glad to have it.