Indian Culture is one of the ancient and firmly respected culture around the world. People from around the globe wants to see and live in our culture. And for this, they visit our country and spend days with the people of India. The beauty which the Indian Traditions and Cultures have is not found in any other place. Being the centre for the diversity in culture and existence of these varied culture in India revoke the liking in the hearts of people of other countries. But Even we are known for the diversity in our living and culture, which is the biggest treasure of India is really decaying. Let’s discuss this in detail about the Indian culture but first lets understand what is a culture and how can it be classified in India and also how our culture decaying-
DEFINITION OF CULTURE-
The word culture is that complex which includes knowledge, belief, art, law, morals, customs and any other capabilities and habits acquired by individual as a member of society. Culture of India refers to the dharma, beliefs, customs, tradition, languages, ceremonies, arts, values and the way of life of India and its people. India’s languages, religions, food, clothing differs from place to place within the country.
BASIC FOUNDATION OF INDIAN CULTURE:
Everything to get rigidity and long existence, need a strong foundation whether it be education, building or our culture itself. Some of the basic foundations of Indian Culture are as follows-
- RELIGIONS: India is the birthplace of Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism collectively known as Indian religions. India is the country where people from diversified religions live together and follow the religion they respect.
- GREETINGS: Namaste is a common spoken greeting or salutation in which one hold hands together with a smile to express deep respect and give honour to other people.
- CUISINE: Indian food is as diverse as India. From salads to sauces, from spices to sensuous, from breads to desserts, Indian cuisine is invariably complex.
- CLOTHING: Traditional clothing in India greatly varies across different parts of the country and is influenced by local culture, geography, climate and rural/urban setting.
PRESENT SCENARIO OF THE INDIAN CULTURE-
Dalai Lama once said “Open your arms free, get ready to change with the world but do not Let go your values“. Most of us believe that today our culture is decaying but who set the culture, we the human beings right?
- Today crime against women have increased exponentially. Daily Newspapers are full of the news about the crime against women everyday which was never included in our culture.
- After 65 years of Independence people are still judge by their color tone and caste. This is what our culture never teach us.
- Initially there use to be joint families and people use to live together peacefully. Today there has been a trend of nuclear families where parents often end up living in old age homes . Our culture never allowed this callousness. We are known for happy lives of the Joint Families.
- In recent Delhi gang rape case the victim and her friend were lying naked and helpless on roads in that chilled night but still there was no one to help them and take them to hospital. Since when our society became that level of inhuman.
- Today Delhi and Mumbai are considered world’s most polluted cities. Our culture never taught us to disintegrate our land, water and air. Culture only taught us to worship nature as your mother.
People always go on blaming this that our culture is decaying because of the arising modern thoughts and effect of western culture. But Modernity does not depend on wearing jeans but it is in your thoughts and acceptance of new technologies. So, our culture is not decaying but the mentality of our citizens is deteriorating day by day. Western Culture cannot be blamed for the decaying value of culture as culture never taught us to live within boundaries and hide your faces. But it always motivates us to come in front and face the challenges of your life. Drive changes in the society and evil practices but not on the cost of your culture. There need to be a proper balance within the all things we have. If you loose one, it will leave us. At last i want to conclude by saying that-
“INSTEAD OF CONTINUOUSLY INCREASING OUR SOCIAL QUOTIENT WE SHOULD FOCUS ON INCREASING OUR EMOTIONAL QUOTIENT”
Please give your view about Indian Culture and let us know what you really think this is actually happening or not. Mention it in the comments.
You might be interested in reading-
Religion is a Private Affair