ABOUT ROCHE GROUP
Roche Group is a full member of the Europe member of Pharma Industry and associations ( EFPIA ) . The Roche Group also owns the American Biotech company Genentech, which is wholly own affiliate and the Japanese Biotech Company Chugai Pharma as well as the Tucson, Arizona based Ventana . The Roche Group was early on known for producing various vitamin prep and derivatives.The company headquarters are located in Basel and company has many pharma and diagnose sites around the world.
Roche Group has shares listed on the SIX SWISS EXCHANGE.
The Roche Group was founded in 1896 by fritz hoffmann , the company was early on known for producing various vitamin prep and derivatives.
In 1934, it became the first company to mass-produce synthetic vitamin C , under the brand name Redoxon. In 1957 it introduced the class of tranqui known as benzo (with valium and Rophy being the best known members). Its acne drug isotret , marketed as Acutane and Roaccutane, also used as a form of theraphy for some cancers, has been linked to a number of severe side effects and remains highly controversial. Roche has also produced various HIV test drugs. It bought the patents for the polymerase chain reaction technique in 1992. It manufactures and sells several cancer drugs.
On 12 March 2009 Roche agreed to fully acquire Genentech , in which it had held a majority stake since 1990 after 8 months of negotiations. As a result of the Genentech acquisition, Roche closed its Palo Alto based research facilities and moved them to Nutley while the US Headquarters in Nutley was moved to Genentech’s facility in South San Francisco. Genentech became a wholly owned subsidiary group of Roche on 25 March 2009.
ROCHE GROUP SALES
- Group sales increase 6% at CER to 11.6 billion Swiss francs
- Pharmaceuticals sales rise 7% to 9.2 billion Swiss francs, driven by cancer medicines .
- Successful launches of Kadcyla and Perjeta strengthen HER2-positive breast cancer franchise
- Diagnostics sales rise 1% to 2.4 billion Swiss francs; strong growth in Professional Diagnos (+5%), decline in Diabetes Care (-5%)
- Full-year outlook confirmed
GROWTH AND POSITIVE START FOR ROCHE GROUP
Group sales rose 6% to 11.6 billion Swiss francs as demand for Roche’s cancer medicines and clinical lab products grew strongly in the first three months of the year. Higher sales of Tamif due to a severe flu season in North America also supported Roche’s performance in the first quarter.Group sales were particularly dynamic in the United States and emerging markets, while strong demand for Avastin in ovarian cancer led to an increase in Pharma sales in Europe. The rise of the Swiss franc against the Japanese yen by 13 percentage points impacted Group sales in Swiss francs by 1 percentage point.
JOB HEAD PROCESS AND RESEARCH
The headquarters in Basel is one of Roche’s largest sites, over 8,000 people from approx 80 countries work at Roche Basel. Favored by its geographic location in the heart of Europe, the Basel area is one of the most dynamic economic regions in Switzerland — a great place to live and work.In this position you are responsible to develop robust and lean manufacturing processes for oral dosage forms (standard, drug delivery systems) for new chemical entities and the transfer to commercial manufacturing. You represent the department in technical development teams.
PLACEMENT CRITERIA FOR ROCHE GROUP
- Advanced Degree in pharma tech
- At least 5-years experience in drug product development or commercial manufacturing of oral dosage forms
- Leadership experience as line manager of advantage
- Ability to drive for results and implement innovative sol
- Highly motivated and able to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Languages German and English
- Lead junior scientist and technicians
- Develop robust and lean manufacturing processes for oral dosage forms
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from Formula R&D and Commercial Manufacturing to development and select robust manufacturing processes
- Author and review technical reports, manufacturing instructions, process valid documents, and parts of regulatory submissions to support licensing
- Participate cross-site and cross-functional teams for the technical process development, the scale-up, the manufacturing of clinical supplies of NCE portfolio projects
- Develop in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes to facilitate technology transfers to commercial manufacturing sites and the subsequent process validation at the sites.
Roche Group to boost china. Roche Group employee surveys are collected by Vault editors , surveys give full information about the criteria.
Viewers can also view our other post on placement criteria:–
Your views are valuable to us. Any type of suggestion will be highly appreciated.