Placement Papers With Solutions For Convergys Pvt. Ltd.:-
1.Output of the following program is
e) Syntax error
2. What is the output in the following program
unsigned int u =-16;
e) None of these
3. One day the Finance minister decides that the country should have only 33 paise and 56 paise.If there are two traders having enough change in the two denominations, what is the minimum amount for which they can transact?
4. Out of the following numbers which is the greatest number when 7 times that number is < 100
1) 12 2) 13 3) 15 4) 14
Ans : 14
5. There is 31 days in the month of January. If there is 4 Sundays and 4 Thursdays exactly.what day is the first day of the month?
Ans: a) Monday.
6. There are 5 tyres including a spare tyre.total number of Kms to be covered is 10000 and each tyre should run equally.how may Kms does each tyre run?
7. how will u retrieve the value stored in pointer variable a
Ans : a
8. How to pass two arguments to a function prompted to by function pointer
a) g -> (1,2)
Ans: c) (*g)(1,2)
9. if jacob sold a watch costing rs.400 to john at 15% profit and john sold the same to sudhir at 15% profit, what is the price paid by sudhir?
a.460 b.510 c.529 d.560
10. In a shop 80% of the articles are sold at a profit of 10% and the remaining at a loss of 40%.what is the overall profit/loss?
a) 10% profit b) 10% loss c) 15% profit d) no profit, no loss
Ans: d) no profit, no loss
11. if an article with marked price of rs.400 is sold at successive discount of 10%,25% and 15%,what is the price the customer has to pay?
a)360 b)300 c)230 d)270
12. the sides of a triangle are in the ratio 37.if the perimeter is 60 cms, the longest side is
a) 7 b) 30 c) 28 d) 14
13. Three years ago the average of A and B was 18 Years. With C joining them now, the average becomes 22 years. How old is C now?
a) 24 years b) 27 years c) 28 years d) 30 years
Ans: a) 24 years
14. If a & b are 2 positive integers and
(a-b)/3.5 = 4/7 then
A) ba B) b=a C) b>=a
Ans: A) ba
15. ——— acts as a command interpreter
A) Unix shell b) kernel
16.Wats the output of the code snippet
Eval echo Hello
Eval echo eval Hello
17. Which statement is true to dbms?
a) Collection of data
b) Collection of interrelated data and set of programs to access that data
c) Collection of inter related data no need of any programs
d) Collection of data and set of programs
18. Use of normalization?
a) Reducing redundancy b) little storage space c) all
19. Vipul pointing at a photograph said “The girl in the picture is my grandfather’s only sons daughter” How is Vipul related to her
20.There was a Cube coloring Problem with 3 subquestions
A painter is asked to cut a wooden cube which is painted in black, then again he cut the top layer in 4 parts, middle layer in 9 and bottom layer in 16 cubes
A) How many cubes are painted on 3 sides
B) How many cubes were painted only on 2 sides
C) How many cubes were not painted at all
21. If a person has 2 coins, one with both sides as head and the other a normal coin then wats the probability of getting a head.
22. All the children were arranged in rows. all the rows containing equal no. of students. if 4 students were removed from each row 10 more rows had to be added. if 5 students were added in each row no. of rows were reduced by 8.find the no. of children. the choices were like this
Ans: c) 800
23. 2/3 of people read newspaper A , 3/4 read newspaper B.if 38 read both and 8 didn’t read any of the 2.how many read A?
24. A plane goes from Chicago to Columbus and then comes back. It takes the same time to travel in either ways. It leave Chicago early in the morning 0644 LOCAL TIME and reaches the destination Columbus at 0849 LOCAL TIME. In the same evening it leave Columbus at 1625 hrs LOCAL TIME and reaches the destination at 1638 LOCAL TIME. Find the time that the plane takes to travel either way?
Ans: 69 mins
25. There is a 14 digit credit card number in which every 3 consecutive digits add to 20. Here is a part of it.. Find the value of ‘x’?
_ _ _ 9 _ _ _ x _ _ _ 7 _ _
Ans : 4
26. Ram gets 148 marks for 20 questions. +10 for correct. -3 for wrong. How many correct answers?
Ans : 16
27. Ganesh and Shankar travel abroad and take more luggage than the airlines allow. They have to pay extra money for it. They carry 52 kgs together and pay $60 and $100 respectively. Now, if the same luggage was carried by only Ganesh it would cost him $340. If the airlines charges only at one rate for extra luggage what is the maximum luggage that a person can carry without paying extra?
Ans : 18 kgs
28. There are 6 consecutive numbers P, Q, R, S, T, U, not necessarily in that order. Given that, Q is 2 less that P, P is 3 less that T and R is 2 less than S, arrange them in an ascending order.
29.Number of digits with a 2 in them between 100 and 400?
Ans : 138
30. Bactria double every 3 mins. It is N in 1 hour, when was it N/4?
Ans : 54 minutes.
31.One day the Finance minister decides that the country should have only 33 paise and 56 paise.If there are two traders having enough change in the two denominations, what is the minimum amount for which they can transact?
a)1, b)2, c)3, d)6
32. Out of the following numbers which is the greatest number when 7 times that number is < 100
a) 12 b) 13 c) 15 d) 14
Ans : 14
a)Aggregation of member objects
b)Aggregation of member functions
c)Used to incorporate data hiding
34. Float_ptr = new float
In order to deallocate this memory use
b)delete  float_ptr
c)delete float_ptr 
d)delete float_ptr 
35.i = 12
int *p = &I;
print (“%d %d”, p/p,*p**p)
c) O/p Error
36. Cin, Cout are
37. cout << ( cout << “Hello” )<< “World”
a = 1;
b = 4;
swap(int a, int b)
temp = a;
a = b;
b = a;
i = 1;
a)4 0 0
b)0 4 1
c)1 4 1
Ans: a) 4 0 0
39.difference between member function and a constructor?
Ans: constructor cannot return value.
40.class B is the subclass of class A.which of the following describes the relationship?
ans : a)..is a.
41. Resume used in conjunction with
a)On Error b)Error c)Error GOTO
Ans:a) On Error
42.Creating a new object using
a)New, b) New,CreateObject, c)New,CreateObject,SetObject, d) New,CreateObject, SetGetObject
Ans: a) New
43. DIM x, y, z as Integer
Ans: X, Y variants, Z – Integer
44. Dim Counter;
For Counter = True to False
a)Error msg b) True False c) -1 0 d) True
Ans: c) -1 0
45. Form load
textbox.text = “Hello”
on form load what all events will take place
a) Initialise b) Initialise, load c) Initialise, load, activate
d) Initialise, load, activate, validate
46.Which of the following is a possible sequence of combinations for interviews in 2 successive weeks
47.Which of the following correctly state(s) the procedure followed by the search committee
I.After the second interview all applicants have appeared at least once
II.The committee sees each applicant a second time
III.If a third session,it is possible for all applicants to appear at least twice
D.Both I and II
48. A male born into the brown group may have
(A) An uncle in either group
(B) A brown daughter
(C) A brown son
(D) A son-in-law born into red group
49. Which of the following is inconsistent with one or more conditions
(A) All H’s are G’s
(B) All H’s are M’s
(C) Some H’s are both M’s and G’s
(D) No M’s are H’s
50. On which of the following occasions would service be on the greatest number of lines disrupted.
(A) A snowy afternoon with the temperature at 45 degree farenheit
(B) A snowy morning with the temperature at 45 degree farenheit
(C) A rainy afternoon with the temperature at 45 degree farenheit
(D) A rainy afternoon with the temperature at 95 degree farenheit
51. If widowers and divorced males retained their group they had upon marrying which of the following would be permissible ( Assume that no previous marriage occurred)
(A) A woman marrying her dead sister,s husband
(B) A woman marrying her divorced daughter,s ex-husband
(C) A widower marrying his brother,s daughter
(D) A woman marrying her mother,s brother who is a widower.
52. Which of the following can be logically deduced from the stated conditions
(A) No M,s are H,s
(B) No H,s are M,s
(C) Some M,s are H,s
(D) No N,s are G,s
53. Which of the following is inconsistent with one or more conditions
(A) All H,s are G,s
(B) All H,s are M,s
(C) Some H,s are both M,s and G,s
(D) No M,s are H,s
54.What is the maximum number of half-pint bottles of cream that can be filled with a 4-gallon can of cream(2 pt.=1 qt. and 4 qt.=1 gal)