HOW TO PREPARE FOR UPSC NDA AND NA
Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct National Defence Academy and Naval Academy examination in the month of april. This is the best opportunity for the candidates who always dreamed of getting a job in defence and they must be working hard to grab this golden chance. In this post we will discuss the main points that should be considered to clear the exam.
First of all let’s discuss the exam pattern-
The exam will be conducted in two parts-
- Written examination
- Intelligence and personality test
Written examination will include-
Subject Maximum duration Maximum marks
Mathematics 2.5 hr 300
General ability test 2.5 hr 600
General ability test
Part 1- English (200 marks)
Part 2- General knowledge (400 marks)
STRATEGY FOR MATHEMATICS
- Regular practice is must for maths as the more you practice the more you score.
- You should focus more on previous year questions so that you can get the idea of the exam.
- Short tricks of maths should be your priority so that you can attempt maximum questions in minimum time.
- N.C.E.R.T. books should be referred for the preparation.
- Formulas should be on tips.
- Practice more and for surely you will beat the score.
STRATEGY OF ENGLISH
- As you will get total of 2.5 hrs for both english and general knowledge so you should divide your time accordingly .
- This is the most scoring section so your preparation should be upto the mark.
- Focus more on vocabulary part .
- Grammar should also be on tips as it will help you a lot in error detection.
- You can study from various books that are mainly for NDA.
STRATEGY FOR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- As this section consists of maximum marks of the exam so candidates should focus more on this section.
- Daily newspaper reading for current affairs is must for this section.
- Candidates should practice sample papers.
- Try to study current affairs in tabular form as by this you can learn them quickly.
- Focus properly on indian history and polity.
- Geographical conditions of india should be well known to candidates.