Ramanujan Fellowship is organised by The Indian Department of Science and Technology (DST) for brilliant and deserving scientists and engineers from whole world and community to perform a scientific research in India and this is mainly for the NRI’s those who are serving other countries by their excellence and intelligence. They are getting a golden chance to perform a research in India itself.
Eligibility for Ramanujan Fellowship
- Engineers and scientists from all over the world can nominate themselves for the fellowship
- Age limit is 60 years.
- Academic qualification : Ph.D. in Science/Engineering, Master in Engineering, MD in Medicine, and professional experience is required for this fellowship also.
- Research those are proved extraordinary and something different by track are most eligible for the fellowship.
Duration of Fellowship : Five years at initial stage.
- Value of fellowship : Rs 75,000 PM
- Contingency : Rs 5.00 lakh PA
Selection Procedure :
1. Scientist those who hold this fellowship can work at any S&T institution University Department, institution or National laboratories in India and also at the Institution at which they wish to pursue their research is willing to provide R&D, administrative and basic infrastructural support to facilitate research.
2. Various academic and research institution should have to advertise Ramanujan fellowship on their websites when application should be received from the interested candidates according to order.
3. Scientist are able to approach the institutions for hosting them for fellowship and forwarding their nominations to SERB for the fellowship on individual basis.
Nomination format for Ramanujan fellowship :
1. Broad subject area (Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Engineering Sciences).
2. Area of specialization.
3. Name of the candidate.
4. Mailing address (with phone number, Fax and e-mail address).
5. Date of Birth
6. Educational qualifications : From Bachelor’s degree onward
7. (a) Details of professional training and research experience, specifying period.
(b) From the last 5 years, give a list of significant publications.
8. Employment details.
9. All details about professional recognition’s, fellowship, awards received.
10. Proposed area of research and brief outline of proposal.
In maximum five pages a candidate have to give specification regarding
(a) Running research work.
(b) Details of future plans.
(c) Outlook after the fellowship will have been granted.
(d) Details about the work that how it will strengthen the basic research in India.etc
11. Name of the institutions where the fellowship will be availed.
12. Institution’s recommendations
Candidates those are having interest may send their nomination on below address
Officer on special duty
Science and engineering Research Board
5 & 5A, Lower ground floor
Vasant Square Mall
Sector-B , pocket – 5
Vasant Kunj , New Delhi – 110070
If anyone need more details regarding Ramanujan Fellowship then contact on below
Mr. S S Kohli
Science and Engineering Research Board
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor
Vasant Square Mall , Sector-B, Pocket-5
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
Phone : 011-26590499 (DST Premises)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
For any feedback/query please leave a comment.
You may also like :