RBI Officer Grade B Exam Strategy for Phase-I Online Examination
On 4th of September, 2016 the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will conduct its Phase-I Online Examination. Candidates preparing for the exam will now gear up their preparations. Here are some indispensable strategies which will give students an extra edge over others. The Phase-1 Examination of RBI is a shortlisting process to screen students for Phase-II examination. The pattern of exam is given below:
RBI Officer Grade B Exam Phase-I Online Examination pattern-
There will be four Sections of exam – English, Quantitative aptitude, General awareness and Reasoning.There will be total of 200 Questions to be attempted in 2 hrs. The No. of questions allotted to particular section is given below-
Section No. of Questions
Quantitative Aptitude 30
General Awareness 80
RBI Officer Grade B Exam strategy for final preparation-
The RBI Officer Grade B Exam require Speed and accuracy at the same time. Not only accurate answers will serve the purpose if not done within stipulated time. Though the level of exam is quite similar to that of SBI PO exam but the weightage given to a particular section is different from the above mentioned exam. Here are some points to ponder before appearing in the exam.
Strategy for Reasoning-
Reasoning is one of the most decisive sections of exam. Candidates find difficulty in attempting the questions within a short period of time.
Points to ponder-
1. Firstly attempt linked questions instead of individual questions in order to have maximum attempts as quickly as possible.
2. Keep in mind the sectional cut off also and channelize your attempts accordingly.
3. Skip the complex questions like Complex Sitting arrangement at first instance and go for it only if time alows.
4. Make your mnemonics for topics like Analogy, coding- decoding etc.
Strategy for Quantitaive Aptitude–
1. First of all, do not start the section randomly from any question.
2. Plan a set of linked questions and attempt them first. Furthermore, attempting five Linked questions consumes less time than attempting 5 individual questions.
3. Implement short tricks if possible in order to consume time.
While Reasoning and Maths are very important but English is the section where you can boost your marks.
1. Firstly Do not go for the passage at first instance .
2. Try to focus on sentence arrangement , error detection etc and sections which consumes less comprehension time.
3. Do not try to understand the comprehension part . Just try to understand the tone of passage.
Strategy for Genaral Awareness
Though General awareness is a vast Subject bt can be dealt readily. Keep an eye on current affairs along with topics like books and authors, Important places, Important Days, Governmental schemes etc.
Finally, All the Very Best for the Exam and keep in mind that it is shortlisting process so do not get too much tense.