RRC NTPC 2020 EXAM NOTIFICATION
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) had released the bumper vacancies for Non Technical Popular Categories (NTPC). A total of 35,208 vacancies had been announced last year. The online application for the vacancies have been closed last year only and the exam date is yet to be announced. Whenever the exam date is announced officially, you will get the details of the examination here as well.
In this article, you can get all the details related to the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) NTPC such as- RRB NTPC Vacancy Details, RRB NTPC Syllabus, Salary, Qualification, Age Limit, Exam Pattern, Selection Process, Preparation Strategy.
As per the notification of RRB, 35,208 vacancies are released by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB), for Graduates as well as Non-Graduates.
Post wise vacancy details are given below-
Under-Graduate Posts with minimum educational qualification 12th.
|S.No.||Name of Posts||Total Vacancies|
|1.||Junior Clerk cum Typist||4,300|
|2.||Accounts Clerk cum Typist||760|
|3.||Junior Time Keeper||11|
|5.||Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||4940|
Graduate Posts with minimum educational qualification of a University Degree
|S.No||Name of Posts||Total Vacancies|
|3.||Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||5638|
|4.||Senior Clerk cum typist||2854|
|5.||Junior Account Assistant cum Typist||3147|
|6.||Senior Time Keeper||6|
RRB NTPC 2020 SALARY
RRB NTPC posts are categorized into two categories- Graduate or Undergraduates post. Let’s know the initial pay of all the posts-
RRB NTPC Salary for Undergraduate Posts
Junior Clerk Typist – ₹19,900
Accounts Clerk cum Typist – ₹19,900
Junior Time Keeper – ₹19,900
Trains Clerk – ₹19,900
Commercial cum Ticket Clerk – ₹21,700
RRB NTPC Salary for Graduate Posts
Traffic Assistant – ₹25,000
Goods Guard – ₹29,200
Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk – ₹29,200
Senior Clerk cum typist – ₹29,200
Junior Account Assistant cum Typist – ₹29,200
Senior Time Keeper – ₹29,200
Commercial Apprentice – ₹35,400
Station Master – ₹35,400
The allowances and perks for all RRB NTPC Graduate and Undergraduate posts are entitled below-
Dearness Allowance (DA)
Transport Allowance (TA)
House rent Allowance (HRA)
|Commercial Apprentice (CA)||Degree from recognized University|
|Senior Clerk cum typist||Degree from recognized University & equivalent typing proficiency in Hindi/English.|
|Traffic Apprentice (TA)||Degree from recognized University|
|Enquiry cum Reservation clerk||Degree from recognized University|
|Ass. Station Master (ASA)||Degree from recognized University|
|Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist||Degree from recognized University & equivalent typing proficiency in Hindi/English|
|Goods Guard Selection||Degree from recognized University|
|Traffic Assistant||Degree from recognized University|
|Senior Time Keeper||Degree from recognized University & equivalent typing proficiency in Hindi/English.|
The minimum age of the candidate must be 18 years and the maximum age limit is 33 years as of 1st January 2019.
|CATEGORY||RELAXATION IN UPPER AGE LIMIT|
|OBC Non-Creamy Layer||3 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (UR)||30 Years plus number of years of service rendered in Defence|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC-Non Creamy)||33 Years plus number of years of service rendered in Defence|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||35 Years plus number of years of service rendered in Defence|
RRB NTPC 2020: SELECTION PROCESS
The recruitment process involves 1st stage of Computer Based Test (CBT), 2nd stage of Computer Based Test (CBT), Typing Test/Aptitude Test and Document Verification/Medical Examination. Selection is made strictly as per merit, on the basis of above mentioned stages.
The recruitment process will involve the following stages in examination-
First Stage of CBT
Second Stage of CBT
Typing Test/Aptitude Test
RRB NTPC: Exam Pattern (CBT 1)
|SECTIONS||No. OF QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS||DURATION|
|GENERAL INTELLIGENCE & REASONING||30||30||90 Minutes|
- The exam duration for PWD Candidates is 120 Minutes.
- There will be negative marking and ⅓ marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The first stage CBT is of screening nature and the standard of questions for the CBT will be generally in conformity with the educational standards prescribed for the posts.
- Total no. of candidates to be shortlisted shall be 20 times the community wise vacancies of posts notified against the RRB as per their merit in 1st stage CBT cum choice of posts.
- The normalized score of 1st stage CBT shall be used for shortlisting of candidates for 2nd stage CBT as per their merit.
- Candidates who are shortlisted for 2nd stage CBT availing the reservation benefits of OBC (NCL)/SC/ST/EWS, PwBD and ExSM for all subsequent stages of recruitment process.
RRB NTPC: Exam Pattern (CBT 2)
|SECTIONS||No. OF QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS||DURATION|
|GENERAL INTELLIGENCE & REASONING||35||35||90 Minutes|
- The exam duration for PWD candidates is 120 minutes.
- Negative marking of ⅓ there.
- The level of questions will be different for different levels of post.
- Normalization of marks will be done.
Typing Skill Test (TST)
- Qualifying in nature
- Eight times the number of vacancies will be called for the typing test.
- The candidates should be able to type 30 wpm in English or 25 wpm in Hindi on Personal Computer only without editing tools and spell check facility.
Document Verification (DV)
Based on the performance of the candidates in 2nd stage and based on the performance of the candidates in both 2nd stage CBT and TST, candidates equal to the number of vacancies will be called for Document Verification as per their merit and options.
How to prepare
- Build & follow a study plan.
- Practice previous year question papers and Mock Tests Online.
- Read daily to increase knowledge.
- Create & revise your notes.
- Practice important topics & strengthen your weak areas.