AFMC(Armed Forces Medical College) is a leading Medical Institute of the country which provides training to UG and PG medical and nursing students with assured career prospects in defence services.Its MBBS Entrance Exam is conducted by AFMC Pune, so that students can get admission in it to pursue MBBS course.A candidate have to go through 3 things to get in to this premier institute-1) written test 2)Interview 3)Medical fitness.
To know more on AFMC exam regarding the syllabus,eligibility criteria,exam pattern you can go through the link.Here we have got you the best sample paper for AFMC exam after doing lots of research. You must take an online test on AFMC at itest to know where you stand which will help you to improve yourself
Sample Paper for AFMC Exam
We have got the best questions(sample paper for AFMC Exam) along with answers which will guide you to prepare for the AFMC Exam
1. Glucose and amino acids are reabsorbed in the
A. proximal tubule B. distal tubule C. collecting duct D. loop of Henle
2. The amount of CSF in the cranial cavity
A. 500 ml B. 140 ml C. 1 litre D. 1.5 ml
3. Which one is imino acid?
A. Pepsin B. Proline C. Cysteine D. Renin
4. The main difference between Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria is
A. Cell membrane B.Cell Wall C.Ribosome D. Mitochondria
5. ACTH is secreted from
A. Adrenal cortex B. Pituitary C. Adrenal Medulla D. Thyroid
6. Which of the following is the correct pathway for propagation of cardiac impulse ?
A. SA node AV node Bundle of His Purkinje fibers
B. AV node Bundle of His SA node Purkinje fibers
C. SA node Purkinje fibers AV node Bundle of His
D. Purkinje fibers AV node SA node Bundle of His
7. Inner surface of the bronchi, bronchioles and fallopian tubes are line by
A. cubical epithelium B. columnar epithelium C. squamous epithelium D. ciliated epithelium
8. Electric potential of the brain is recorded by
A. CT Scan B. Sphygmomanometer C. ECG D. EEG
9. Which of the following is related to humoral immunity ?
A. T-lymphocyte B.B-lymphocyte C.I-lymphocyte D.P-lymphocyte
10. Fertilization occur in
A. Uterus B.Ureter C.Vagina D.Fallopian tube
11. The Gastrin is secreted from
A. Intestine B.Stomach C.Pancreas D.Rectum
12. The cause of cretinism is
A. Hypothyroidism B.Hypoparathyroidism C.Hyperthyroidism D.Hyperparathyroidism
13. Which of the following is a minerelocorticoid ?
A. Testosterone B.Progesterone C.Adrenalin D.Aldosterone
14. The part of the brain where the centre for hunge and thirst is located is
A. Cerebrum B.Hypothalamus C.Cerebellum D.Medulla Oblongata
15. The reflex arc, which is made of two neurons is known as
A. Monosynsptic reflex arc B. Disynaptic reflex arc
C. Polysynaptic reflex arc D. Asynaptic reflex arc
16. The lactase hydrolyzes lactose into
A. Glucose B.Glucose and galactose C.Fructose D.Glucose and fructose
17. In 24 hours, total glomerular filtrate formed in human kidney is
A. 1.7 litres B. 7 litres C. 17 litres D. 170 litres
18. When the oxygen supply to the tissue is inadequate, the condition is
A. Dyspnea B. Hypoxia C. Asphyxia D. Apnea
19. Which one of the following is not a second messenger in hormone action ?
A. Calcium B. Sodium C. cAMP D. cGMP
20. The name of the pace maker of the heart is
A. Lymph node B. S.A. node
C. Juxtaglumerular apparatus D. Semilunar valve
21. What is a genophore ?
A. DNA in prokaryotes B. DNA and RNA in prokaryotes
C. DNA and protein in prokaryotes D. RNA in prokaryotes
22. Example of a typical homopolysaccharide is
A. Ligin B.Suberin C. Inulin D. Starch
23. Who wrote the famous book “Origin of Species”?
A. Larmarck B. Darwin C.De Vries D.Mendel
24. Polyploid derived from two different species is called
A. Autopolyploid B.Triploid C.Allopolyploid D.Monoploid
25. Electrons used in Electron Microscope are of the wavelength
A. 0.05 Å B. 0.15 Å C. 0.25 Å D. 0.30 Å
26. Biolistic technique is used in
A. Tissue culture process B. Gene transfer process
C. Hybridization process D. Germplasm conservation process
27. Example of water soluble plant pigment is
A. Chlorophyll-a B. Chlorophyll-b C. Anthocyanin D. Xanthophyll
28. Structure element of Chromatin is
A. Histone B. Acid protein and DNA C. Nuclear matrix D. Nucleosomes
29. Inulin is a polymer of
A. Glucose B. Galactose C. Fructose D. Arabinose
30. Mannitol is
A. Amino acid B. Amino alcohol C. Sugar alcohol D. Sugar acid
31. A flower which can be divided into two equal halves by only one plane is
A. Zygomorphic B. Actinomorphic C. Regular D. Perfect
32. Pieces of plant tissue used in tissue culture is called
A. Explant B. Somaclone C. Inoculant D. Clone
33. VAM is
A. Symbiotic bacteria B. Saprophytic bacteria C. Saprophytic fungi D. Symbiotic fungi
34. Ovule integument gets transformed into
A. seed B. fruit wall C. seed coat D. cotyledons
35. Acid rain is caused by
A. NO2 B. SO2 C. SO3 D. CO2
36. Which one of the following bacterium is used for production of transgenic plants ?
A. Escherichia coli B. Bacillus thuringiensis
C. Staphylococcus aureus D. Agrobacterium tumefaciens
37. A plant cell becomes turgid due to
A. Plasmolysis B. Exosmosis C. Endosmosis D. Electrolysis
38. Restriction enzymes are used to cut
A. Single stranded RNA B. Double stranded DNA
C. Single stranded DNA D. Double stranded RNA
39. Spindle fibre is made up of
A. humulin B. intermediate filament C. flagellin D. tubulin
40. Edible part of Mushroom is
A. Basidiocarp B. Primary mycelium C. Fungal hyphae D. Basidiospores
Some more Questions in ” sample paper for AFMC exam ”
41. Calcium level decreases in the blood due to hyposecretion of
A. Parathyroid hormone B. Calcitonin C. Thyroxine D. Adrenaline
42. Kupffer’s cells are
A. Phagocytic B. Mast cells
C. Hormone secreting D. Digestive juice secreting
43. Which centre is stimulated during increase in body temperature ?
A. Anterior hypothalamus B. Posterior hypothalamus
C. Limbic system D. Red nucleus
[Ans. (A) Heat loss centre i.e. Anterior hypothalamus]
44. Name the following having oxygen storing capacity
A. Myoglobin B. Actin C. Myosin D. Fibrin
45. Longest phase of meiosis
A. Prophase I B. Prophase II C. Anaphase I D. Metaphase II
46. Tetany is caused by
A. Hyperparathyroidism B. Hypoparathyroidism C. Hyperthyroidism D.Hypothyroidism
47. Which of the following is a gastro intestine hormone ?
A. Prolactin B. Enterokinase C. GH D. FSH
48. Name the hormone that has no role in menstruation.
A. LH B. FSH C. GH D. TSH
49. Which of the following substances can cure Parkinson’s disease ?
A. GABA B. Acetylcholine C. Dopamine D. Glutamic acid
50. Movement of tongue muscle is controlled by
A. facial nerve B. trigeminal nerve C. hypoglossal nerve D. vagus nerve
51. Which function will be lost due to damage of occipital lobe ?
A. Hearing B. Speech C. Vision D. Memory
52. Meissner’s corpuscles occur is
A. Brain B. Nerve cells C. Skin D. Tongue
53. Osteomalacia is a deficiency disease of
A. Infants due to protein enertgy malnutrition B. Adults due to protein enertgy malnutrition
C. Adults due to Vitamin D deficiency D. Infants due to Vitamin K deficiency
54. The gene of sickle cell anaemia is inherited by
A. Blood cells B. Bone cells C. Sex chromosomes D. Autosomes
55. Ptyalin is inactivated by a component of gastric juice known as
A. Pepsin B. Mucus C. Rennin D. HCl
56. Which one of the following human cells do not contain mitochondria ?
A. Nerve cell B. Red blood cell C. Liver cell D. White blood cell
57. In which stage of the first meiotic division two sister chromatids are formed ?
A. Leptotene B. Zygotene C. Pachytene D. Diplotene
58. Which one of the following triplet codons is a chain termination codon ?
A. UGU B. AAU C. UUG D. UAG
59. How many pairs of contrasting characters in pea pod were chosen by Mendel ?
A. 3 B. 5 C. 7 D. 9
60. If a cross between two individuals produces offsprings with 50% dominant character (A) and 50% recessive character (a) the genotype of parents are
A. Aa × Aa B. Aa × aa C. AA × aa D. AA × Aa
61. Structural lipids of cell membrane are
A. Simple lipid B. Chromolipids C. Steroid D. Phospholipids
62. Which one of the following is polysaccharide ?
A. Glycogen B. Sucrose C. Lactose D. Maltose
63. What will be the codons in m-RNA if the DNA codes are ATG-CAG ?
A. TAC – GTC B. UAC – GUC C. UCA – TUA D. TCA – GTC
64. Which of the following species is restricted to a specific area ?
A. Sibling species B. Allopatric species C. Sympatric species D. Endemic species
65. Which one of the following is NOT correctly matched ?
A. Sycon – Canal system B. Star fish – Radial symmetry
C. Ascaris – Flame cell D. Prawn – Haemocoel
66. Which one of the following animal phyla does not possess a coelom ?
A. Platyhelminthes B. Annelida C. Mollusca D. Echinodermata
67. Cardiac muscles are
A. Striated and voluntary B. Striated and involuntary
C. Smooth and voluntary D. Smooth and involuntary
68. Which one of the following immunoglobulins is found as pentamer ?
A. IgG B. IgM C. IgA D. IgE
69. Which one of the following cells is not a phagocytic cell ?
A. Macrophage B. Monocyte C. Neutrophil D. Basophil
70. Which one of the following is the most primitive ancestor of man ?
A. Homo habilis B. Australopithecus
C. Rampithecus punjabicus D. Homo neanderthalensis
Go through some more sample papers:-