Assam Secondary Education Act came into action in 1961 which was passed to provide for the establishment of a Board of Secondary Education to regulate, to supervise and to develop Secondary Education in the state of Assam. This Act came into force with effect from 29th of January 1962 with the publication of Government of Assam, the Education Department Notification no. 159/61/37 dated 29/1/1962. The Board of Secondary Education in Assam is popularly known as SEBA came into existence on 14 of March 1962. In this section, find the latest sample paper of science for class 10 with questions from all the sections as per the syllabus of Assam Board of Secondary Education. Still if it contains any error please do let us know. You can give your suggestions through the comment section, Any type of feedback will be highly appreciated.
Science Paper for X
- Full Marks : 80
- Time Alloted : 3 Hrs
- There are how many covalent bonds in the molecule of ethane, C2H6?
- Explain Tyndall Effect?
- If we kill an organism in one trophic level then what occurs?
- Why United Nations acted to the control of chloro-fluoro carbons?
- (i)How to calculate the possible valency of an element from the electronic configuration of its atom?
(ii)What is the valency of an element X whose atomic number is 9?
- How the electronic configuration of an atom of an element relate to its position in the modern periodic table? Explain with an example.
- Define the laws of reflection of light .
- Define the dispersion of white light?Draw a diagram to show the dispersion of light.
- Why the planets do not twinkle where as the stars twinkle?Explain.
- Write any two differences between binary fission and multiple fission as observed in the cells of the organisms during fission.
- Give example each of unisexual and the bisexual flowers of the plant.
- Write any four characteristics of good fuel.
- Define the non-renewable resources of energy and give two examples each.
- Write one chemical equation each to represent each of the following types of reactions of organic substances- i. Esterification
- Draw the ray diagram to state the position of the ray,the relative size of the ray and the nature of the image formed by a concave mirror and when the object is placed at the center of curvature of the mirror(the object is placed) .
- Define the refractive index of the transparent medium. What is its unit? Which one has a higher refractive index glass or water?
- What is hypermetropia? Describe with ray diagram that how this eye defect can be corrected?
- (a) Mention two sexually transmitted diseases in the following cases:i. Bacterial infections
ii. Viral infections(b) How can be the spreading of such diseases can be prevented?
- Explain through examples how the following are evidences in favour of evolution in organisms.i. Homologous organs
ii. Analogous organs
- Define the terms:i. Speciation
ii. Natural selection
- How equal genetic contribution of male and female parents is ensured in the progeny? Explain
- (a) Differentiate between ethanol and ethanoic acid on the basis of:i. Physical state
iii. NaHCO3 test
iv. Ester test(b) Write a chemical reaction to explain the dehydration of ethanol.
- (a) If the image formed by a lens is diminished in size and erect, for all positions of the object then what type of lens is used?
(b) Name the point on the lens through which an undeviated ray of light passes.
(c) When an object is placed perpendicular to the principal axis of a convex lens of focal length 20 cm and the distance of the object from the lens is 30 cm then find (i) the position (ii)the magnification and (iii) the nature of the image formed.
- (a)Draw and label the longitudinal section of a flower its sepal, petal, ovary and stigma.
(b) Write the names of the male and female reproductive parts of a flower.
- What should be the object chosen to find the focal length of a concave mirror when focused on a distant object chosen.1. a tree
2. a building
3. a window
4. the sunAns-4
- For finding the focal length of a convex lens by obtaining the image of a distant object for that the object used should be:1. a well lit distant tree
2. window grill in the classroom
3. any distant tree
4 a lighted candle kept at the other end of the tableAns-1
- Mohan obtained a sharp inverted image of a distant tree on the screen placed behind he lens then he moved the screen and tried to look through the lens in the direction of the object that time he would see:
1. a blurred image on the wall of the laboratory.
2. an erect image of the tree on the lens.
3. no image as the screen has been removed.
4. an inverted image of the tree at the focus of the lens.Ans-4
- The color of the aqueous solution of zinc sulphate as observed in the laboratory is:1. Green
- On adding NaHCO3 to acetic acid a gas is evolved that turns lime water milky due to the formation of:
1. Calcium bicarbonate
2. Calcium hydroxide
3. Calcium Carbonate
4. Calcium acetateAns-2
- A yeast cell in which budding occurs was seen that have:1. one bud cell
2. two bud cell
3. three bud cell
4. a chain of bud cellsAns-3
- (a)What is fragmentation in organisms and name a multicellular organism which produces by this method?
(b) What is regeneration in organism and describe regeneration in Planaria with the help of a diagram?
While answering the questions students should read all the questions and answers carefully.
1 mark question should be to the point .The point will only help a student lot fetching a good marks.
2 marks question will also contain point with a little explanation.
3 marks and 5 marks questions should be descriptive in nature.
Hope that the above sample paper will help you a lot…..