Central Board of Secondary education, New Delhi is commonly known as CBSE which is the most reputed Board of Education. For years many CBSE schools have been identified as the most toughest Board. Thus, for practice point of view every year Board publish CBSE Guess Papers for various subjects that comes in Board Exams. One should revise all topics of Social Science, specially Civics as it includes various constitution rule and History as it includes past dates and years which will focus to gain marks in the board exams. Thus to perform well in the Board Exam conducted by CBSE is essential. Given Sample Question Paper of Social Science for Class 10 CBSE is prepared for the purpose of better Exam preparations before going for exams. You can save your time from Chemistry Formulas and Maths Formulas to make a quick revision.
Social Science Model Question Paper for Class 10
Subject: Social Science Total Marks: 80 Time Limit: 3 Hours
1) The question paper contains 36 Compulsory Questions.
- Questions from 1 to 16 : Multiple Choice Questions
- Questions from 17 to 29 : Three Marks Questions
- Questions from 30 to 34 : Four Marks Questions
2) Marks are indicated against each question.
3) 35 & 36 carry 5 marks (History- 2 marks, geography- 3 marks)
GROUP A (One Mark each)
1. Which one of the following movement started in Vietnam in 1868 and was done to protest for the spread of Christianity?
a) Scholars Revolt
b) Hoa Hoa Movement
c) Go East Movement
d) Liberation Movement
2. The main function of the Prussian Zalleverein was to
a) impose custom duty on imported goods
b) abolish tariff barriers
c) reduce custom duties
d) introduce new rules for trade
3. Who amongst the following led the civil disobedience in Peshawar?
a) Abdul Gaffar Khan
b) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
c) Lala Lajpat Rai
d) Jawaharlal Nehru
4. The first successful textile mill established in?
d) Mumbai (Bombay)
5. The city of Cochabamba is related to which issue?
a) Nepal’s popular struggle
b) Bolivia’s water war
c) Environmental Movement
d) Narmada Bachao Movement
6. Who issues currency notes on behalf of the central government of India?
a) The President of India
b) The Finance Commission
c) Central Bank of India
d) Reserve Bank of India
7. Public sector plants market their steel through?
a) Tata steel
d) Bharat Steel
8. Which port is the premier iron-ore exporting port of the country?
c) New Mangalore
9. In October 2005 government of India enacted a law:
a) Right to choose Act
b) Right to information Act
c) Anti corruption Act
d) Women reservation Act
10. What prevents the poor from getting bank loans?
a) High rate of interest
b) Complexity of procedure
c) Absence of collateral
d) None of these
11. The largest occurrence of minerals in igneous and metamorphic rocks are called
12. The best quality coal is:
13. Formal sources of credit include:
b) Employers co-operative
d) None of these
14. Who led the peasants in Awadh?
a) Jawaharlal Nehru
b) Baba Ramchandra
c) Mahatma Gandhi
d) None of these
15. Hind Swaraj was written by-
a) Sardar Patel
b) Subhas Chandra Bose
c) Mahatma Gandhi
d) Abdul Kalam Azad
16. Rapid integration or interconnection between countries is called:
GROUP B(Three Mark each)
17. What was Phan Chu Trinh’s objective for Vietnam? How were his ideas different from Phan Boi Chau?
18. What are the effects of Jalianwala Bagh massacre?
19. As a concerned citizen what are our duties to conserve energy resources?
20. How would you prove that the cotton textile industry provides employment to many?
21. What are the challenges faced by the jute industry in India?
22. Give an example of the issue specific movement.
23. Is democracy attentive to the needs of people and is free from corruption?
24. How does democracy accommodate social diversity?
25. What are basic rights of citizens for exercising voting rights?
26. Under which conditions do MNC’s set up production?
27. What is the role of WTO in International trade?
28. How do you exercise the right to seek redress-al?
29. State the importance of petroleum as an energy resource. Mention any four oil fields of India. OR Do you think petroleum,as a non renewable energy resource is worth preservation. If yes then justify?
GROUP C(Four Mark each)
30. Differentiate between Sectional Interest Group and Public Interest Group. Explain with examples.
31. Why do people prefer democracy? Explain briefly.
32. What do you mean by the term Political party? Highlight any three functions of parties in a democracy?
33. How did culture play an important role in creating the idea of the nation state in Europe? Explain with considerable example? What is the role of religious groups in the development of anti-colonial feelings in Vietnam?
34. Explain any four features of Treaty of Vienna, 1815.
35. Two features are mentioned on the given map of India. Identify these features with the help of following information’s.
(i) A place where Jallianwala Bagh incident took place.
(ii) The place where Chauri Chaura incidence took place.
36. Locate and label the following on the given map of India.
(a) A Bauxite mine
(b) A cotton textile industry in Gujrat
(c) A terminal city of east-west corridor
(d) Locomotive Industry
For Sample Question Paper of Social Science for Class 10 CBSE in pdf, follow:
1) 10th CBSE Social Science Sample Papers
2) CBSE Sample Paper for Class 10 Social Science
3) Social Science Model Question Paper for Class 10
Related Links for more Sample Papers for Class 10 CBSE:
For any kind of suggestion about the post feel free to suggest through Comment Section.
Good Luck for your Exam..!!