The term “Secularism” was first used by British writer George Jacob Holyoake in 1851. Secularism is the state of being free from religious or spiritual qualities. If we see in Political terms , Secularism in India is a topic of discussion that leads towards the separation of religion and government. Now let us discuss Secularism – A Tool to Justify Wrongs.
Its essential principles are three:
(1) The improvement of this life by material means.
(2) That science is the available Providence of man.
(3) That it is good to do good. Whether there be other good or not, the good of the present life is good, and it is good to seek that good.
Secularism has two distinct meaning: 1. It asserts the freedom of religion, and freedom from religion, within a state that is neutral on matters of belief, and gives no state privileges or subsidies to religions.
2. It refers to a belief that human activities and decisions should be based on evidence and fact,and not superstitious beliefs.
Does SECULARISM has failed the world?
Have a look on these postulates:
- Secularism is just a fake illusion, that never sustained,on the other hand if we talk about spiritualism,India has sustained on this model for more than 3000 year successfully.
- India lost approx 30% of her land.(and still counting – j&k etc)
- Failed in most western countries either to violent ISLAM or CHRISTANITY.
- Blindly believes in Rights and Rights Alone.
- NATIONALISM/sacred thoughts have little value and they are below secularism.
- Money and Administration power given importance.Basically a shameless society.
- All that matters is GDP.
- Believes in close boundaries.
- The family structure is totally broken down.
- IN short market based society formed on a western model that’s failing in just 200 years.
Going through these points , we make out that secularism which means no consideration of religion in public matter , education & civil rights, has actually misinterpreted and misused.Secularism has nothing to do with private life or personal religious beliefs of any individual. This only means that religion must not play any part in politics,administration, education, jobs and conduct of our daily business.
But the politicians use the concept of secularism to hoodwink people. It is seen that the political leaders visit temples, mosques and shrines before campaigning for elections. Real secularism lies in their not visiting any such religious places on the eve of political campaigning but they do so to hoodwink the religious communities. True secularism lies in assessing conditions of people without considering religion or community. But then the vote bank politics will not work.
Under the umbrella of secularisim many people are doing illegal things and are being saved from the rain of jurisdiction.Also the meaning of secularisim has been twisted and some antisocials are spreading their wings .
So, Secularism has become a tool to justify the wrongs and many are doing in the name of god.
Thus secularism has in fact become a tool to justify the wrongs.