UPSC Prelims Exam Syllabus 2020-21
To start preparation for the Civil Services Exam, it is very important to know the syllabus for that as the syllabus is too vast. In this article, you will get the details about the syllabus of the Prelims Stage of the Civil Services Examination-
UPSC General Studies 2020-21: Paper I Syllabus
- Current Events of National and International Importance: No alternative of Newspaper reading . Everyday you need to read The Hindu , Make habit of underlining points and making notes. If you want you can share your daily notes with other students to have better understanding. (Every Day)
- History of India and Indian National Movement: This is something you need to Mug Up from starting till the end. History section is one of the sections which can be crammed as nothing is going to be changed. Again Newspaper reading helps in correlation of historical events , so memorizing becomes easy. (5 Questions Every day from NCERT will help or digging questions from past 10 years sets also helps)
- Indian and World Geography- (Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the world): This is too vast and thus it can be divided into two parts: i- Indian Geography ii- World Geography. One can take the help of Atlas book as well to prepare for Geography.
- Indian Polity and Governance – (Constitution, Political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc): To understand this topic, one can refer to Civics & Political Science NCERT books from Class 7th-12th.
- Economic and Social Development–(Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc): To prepare this topic, one can start with the Economics NCERT Books and newspapers are also a good option to prepare for the Economic & Social Development.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization: This topic also can be prepared with the help of the Geography Books and Newspapers. From the Geography books, one can get the theoretical knowledge and from newspapers, one can get to know about the general issues going on.
- General Science: To prepare for General Science, again NCERT is the best option. You can make your base strong with the books. Doctorate in any subject is not required for this.
For more Join us on https://t.me/studymaterialoureducation
UPSC CSAT Syllabus 2020-21
Here you can get CSAT Syllabus (Aptitude Test). Check out for UPSC CSAT Syllabus. Also download CSAT Syllabus from below.
- Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical Ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- General Mental Ability
- Basic Numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
Note-1: Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
Note-2: The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note-3: It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelims)Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelims) Examination.
Further Described in 30 days Syllabus Structure for finishing Prelims in 30 days
References : –
- Best IAS Coaching Center in New Delhi
- Top IAS coaching Center in Bangalore
- Best IAS Coaching center in Kolkata
- Top IAS Coaching Center in Hyderabad