Syntel, is a U.S. based multinational provider of integrated technology and services for business. Its headquarter is in Michigan, Syntel provides services to its clients through 16 global development centers in India and the United States. Syntel is a provider of integrated technology and business solutions to companies in the insurance sector, banking and financial services, healthcare and life sciences, retail, logistics and telecom, and manufacturing sectors. It is the dream of every technical student to get place in Syntel. Here find the Syntel placement papers for practice.
Following is the placement paper for syntel where any aspirant can test himself before applying in syntel.
Syntel Placement Papers
Round – I ( Online Aptitude Tests )
Direction question no 1-5:
Each problem consists of a problem followed by two statements .Decide whether the data in the statement are sufficient to answer the question .Select your answer according to whether:
(A)statement 1 alone is sufficient ,but statement 2 alone is not sufficient to answer the question
(B)statement 2 alone is sufficient ,but statement 1 alone is not sufficient to answer the question
(c)both statement taken together are sufficient to answer the question ,but neither statement alone is sufficient.
(D)each statement alone is sufficient
(E)statement 1 and 2 together are not sufficient ,and additional data is needed to answer the question
1.How many ewes(female sheep) in a flock of sheep are black?
Statement I : There are 10 rams(male sheep) in the flock.
Statement II : Forty percent of the animals are black.
2.Is the length of a side of equilateral triangle E less than the length of a side of square F?
Statement I : The perimeter of E and the perimeter of F are equal.
Statement II : The ratio of the height of triangle E to the diagonal of square f is 2:3√2.
3.If a and b are both positive, what percent of b is a ?
Statement I : a=3/11
Statement II : b/a=20
4.A wheel of radius 2 meter is turning at a constant speed.Hoew many revolution does it make in time T?
Statement I : T=20 minutes.
Statement II : The speed at which a point on the circumference of the wheel is moving is 3 meter per minute.
5.Are the integers X,Y,Z consecutive?
Statement I : The arithmetic mean (average)of X,Y and Z is Y.
Statement II : Y-X=Z-Y
6.Manish goes 7 km towards south-east from his house,then he goes 14 km turning to west.After this he goes 7 km towards north west and in the end he goes 9 km towards east.How far is he from his house?
E)None of these
7. Nivedita stops after going 10 km towards west from her office.Then she goes 8 km turning to her left.After this she goes 4 km turning to her left.How far is she from her office?
E)None of these
8)Ranju is at a fixed point,from where she goes 20 meters towards west.From there she goes 10 meters towards north.Then she goes 35 meters towards east and after this she goes 5 meters towards south and in the end she goes 15 meters towards west.How far is she from the fixed point
D)can not be determined
E)None of these
9)A man walks 15m towards south from a fixed point.From there he goes 12m towards north and then 4 m towards west.How far and in what direction is he from the fixed point?
A) 3 m, south
B) 7 m,south west
C) 5 m,south west
D) 5 m, south west
E) None of these
10. Ranjan goes 5 km towards north from a fixed point.Then he goes 3 km after turning to his right.After this he goes 5 km turning to his right.In the end he goes 4 km after turning to his left.How far and in what direction is he now from the fixed point?
A) 4 km, west
B) 7 km, East
C) 9 km, East
D) 7 km, west
E) None of these
11. LCM of 3 nos is 120 which of the following no must not be their HCF
12.One monkey climbs a poll at the rate of 6mts/min and fell down 3mts in the alternately. Length of the poll is 60 mts , how much time it will take to reach the top?
13. One pipe fills in 4 hrs and another in 5hrs when they both work alternately how much time will be taken to fill the tank.
14.Two trains from the points A and B moving in opposite direction , at the point they meet the second train travels 120 kms more than the first. The speeds are 50kmph and 60kmph respectively find the distance between A and B?
15.A number when multiplied by 7/18 instead of 7/8 and got the result 770 less than the actual result , find the original number?
16. The volume and the radius of both cone and sphere are equal , then find the ratio of height of the cone to the diameter of the sphere?
17. A and B started a business with 1500 and 2500 and got a profit 800 rs. Half of the profit is shared equally the remaining is shared according to their investment. Find their profits.
18. The difference between the simple interest and compound interest for 2 years?
A:B =2:3 and B:C=5:6 then find A:B:C
19. An amount of 64 Rs has to become 125 in 3 years in compound interest , find the rate of interest?
20. A similar to the above problem find the time(rate of interest is given)
21. The prime no., which is greater than 6 when divide by 6 will always gives the remainder
22.Length of a rectangle is increased by 50% and breadth is decreased by 25% what is the difference in the area?
23. Mr X position in a class is 13th from first and 17th from last, and 8th from the first and 13th from last in passed candidates list, then how many candidates failed in the exam
24. Two successive discounts of 20% and 15% is equal to a net discount of ..
25. A two digit number is 4 times to its sum of digits , when 9 is added to the number, the digits will get reversed. Then what is that number?
26. The length of the following rectangle is ‘4a’ and its breadth is ‘2a’. Radius of the two circles is ‘a’. Then find the ratio of total area of the rectangle to the area not covered by the two circles with in the rectangle
27. A person starts with the speed of u/1 kmph and returns with the speed of u/2 kmph, what is his average speed.
28. A cistern will be filled in 9 hrs, but becoz of an outlet it is filled in 10 hrs, if the cistern is filled, then how much time the outlet takes to empty the cistern.
29. In a right angled triangle ABC angle B = 90 , BM is the median to AC , then AB2 + BC2=? (in terms of BM)
30. Three circles with same radius r are drawn with centres as three vertices of atriangle. What is the sum of areas of the intersections of these circles with the triangle.
31. X men work for X days to produce X products, then Y men can produce Y products in — days.
32. The compound interest for first and second years is 200 and 220 on a certain amount. Find the sum.
33. Marked price of a commodity is 35% above the cost price. If he gives a discount of 15%, how much he gains on the deal.
34. 5 mangoes + 4 oranges = 7 mangoes + 1 orange. Find the ratio of mango to orange.
35. Food is sufficient for 100men for 60days. For how many days the food is sufficient for 500men?
36. If 8men 8hrs per day works for 8days get 45/- then how many men required if the work is 5hrs per day for10days they get 60/-?
37. A person sold an item at a profit of 12% .If he sold it at a loss of 12% then he would get Rs.6/- less. What is the cost price?
38. (11/2 /((3/4-2/5 )/(2/3+4/5))) * ((23/4 /((4/3-2/5 )/(5/3+6/5))) =?
39. Avg age of X number of adults in a class is 30yrs. If 12 new adults with avg age of 32 joined with them then the avg age increases by one. Find X?
40. In a school there are 1000 students in the year 1999. The number of students increased by 20% in the year 2000. And it is increased by 15% in the year 2001. But it is decreased by 18% in 2002. Then what is the strength in 2002.