Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test is abbreviated as TANCET which is an Entrance exam conducted by Anna University for admission in MBA courses. Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) entrance exam is conducted at various centers throughout India. The 2013 TANCET score card will be used by University Departments, Regional Centers of Anna University, University Colleges of Engineering, Government Aided Engineering Colleges and Science & Arts Colleges and also Self-financing Colleges in Tamil Nadu for the admission purpose. Besides MBA program TANCET is considered to be a crucial entrance exam for other programs also like MCA, M.Tech, M.E., M,Arch. and M.Plan .
- 10 + 2 years H.Sc + 3 years bachelor’s degree pattern with 50% marks
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Pharm with 50% marks
- 10 + 3 years Diploma + 3 years bachelor’s degree pattern with 50% marks
- 10 + 3 Years diploma which is awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and AMIE with 2 years experience with 50% marks or equivalent .
- 10 + 2 years H.Sc. and AMIE with 2 years experience with 50% marks or equivalent
- Candidates who are in final year of qualifying exam and attend exam in the month of April or May 2013 can also appear for this exam.
TANCET Exam Pattern & Format:
Total number of Questions: 100
Time Duration: 2 hours
Correct attempt: 1 marks for each correct answer.
Incorrect attempt: For Each wrong answer 1/5th mark will be deducted.
The question paper consists of 5 sections:
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- General English
|Section||Number of Questions|
|English Grammar & Usage||10|
I. Syllabus for Data Interpretation:
Recognize the data and apply the given data to business decisions from a given situations for business and also solving mathematical problems . This section is used to check the potential of the candidate to analyze or interpret a particular data which is a process of cleaning, modeling, inspecting of data. Data Interpretation consists of multiple facts and techniques .This section includes:
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Pie Chart
- Problem Based & Percentage
- Problem Based on Equivalence
II. Syllabus for Verbal Ability:
Answer the questions based on the passages in the comprehension. This section is mainly used to test the vocabulary of the student and the general ability to understand English. This section of the paper has maximum scope for further enhancement . This section includes:
- One Word Substitutions
- Idioms & Phrases
- Phrasal Verbs
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Basic Grammar
III. Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude:
This section of the paper deals with reasonable, tricky form of aptitude problems. This section basically tests the candidates ability to deal with aptitude problems. This section includes :
- Permutation & Combination
- Statistics & Probability
IV. Syllabus for Logical Reasoning:
On determining data sufficiency for answering questions using the given data and the knowledge of Mathematics based on certain facts. This section of the question paper tests the ability of the candidate to determine the truth or fact behind any conclusion based on certain rules. This segment includes:
- Blood Relation Analogy
- Coding Decoding
- Direction Sitting Arrangement
- Water & Mirror Images
- Punch lines
- Computer Based Problems
V. Syllabus for General English:
This section aims at testing the knowledge of candidates for usage of words , secondary shades of meaning, phrases, related words etc. This section includes:
- Comprehension of passage (Poems can also come)
- Verbal Reasoning,
- Contextual usage,
- Fill In the Blanks,
- Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences,
- Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed),
- Sentence Correction,
- Foreign language words used in English,
- Sentence completion,
- Sentence correction, etc.
- Increase your speed and accuracy. For this solve as many sample papers and take as many mock tests as possible and observe the time taken to solve each section.
- Clear you basic Mathematical Concepts and the best way to do that is to solve Class 10th and 12th Math problems or use some specific study material. Also try to remember as many formulas as possible. Learn formulas by writing and not mugging up as we tend to remember the written things for long.
- Prepare a time table and allot time to each subject / topic .
- Solve lots of puzzles / quizzes to improve your reasoning and analytical skills.
You can also download the syllabus in PDF form.
Click here to download: Syllabus of Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
Readers can give their suggestions / feedbacks in the given below comment section to improve the article.