TATA Steel Limited (formerly TATA Iron and Steel Company Limited (TISCO)) founded in 1907 by Dorabji TATA, is an Indian multinational steel-making company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, and a subsidiary of the TATA Group. TATA Steel used to conduct their exam for the recruitment of management trainee across the country. In this section, we have provided a set of TATA Steel Management trainee sample paper consists of questions from all the sections. Still if it contains any error please do let us know. Any type of suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Scheme of the Examination
- Total number of questions 60.
- All questions are objective type.
- All questions are compulsory.
- Each question 1 mark and for every 3 wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- Time 1.30 hrs
1. Two numbers are in the ratio 2 : 3. If their L.C.M. is 48. what is sum of the numbers?
2. Three numbers are in the ratio of 2 : 3 : 4 and their L.C.M. is 240. Their H.C.F. is:
3. What is the least number which when divided by 5, 6, 7 and 8 leaves a remainder 3, but when divided by 9 leaves no remainder?
4. The H.C.F. of two numbers is 5 and their L.C.M. is 150. If one of the numbers is 25, then the other is:
5. Which of the following integers has the most number of divisors?
6. What is the least number which when doubled will be exactly divisible by 12, 14, 18 and 22 ?
7. What is the greatest possible length which can be used to measure exactly the lengths 8 m, 4 m 20 cm and 12 m 20 cm?
A. 10 cm
B. 30 cm
C. 25 cm
D. 20 cm
8. Which of the following fraction is the largest ?
9. The product of two 2 digit numbers is 2028 and their HCF is 13. What are the numbers ?
A. 26, 78
B. 39, 52
C. 13, 156
D. 36, 68
10.The product of two numbers is 2028 and their HCF is 13. What are the number of such pairs?
11.N is the greatest number which divides 1305, 4665 and 6905 and gives the same remainder in each case. What is the sum of the digits in N?
12.A boy divided the numbers 7654, 8506 and 9997 by a certain largest number and he gets same remainder in each case. What is the common remainder?
13.Find the greatest common divisor of 24 and 16
14.A, B and C start at the same time in the same direction to run around a circular stadium. A completes a round in 252 seconds, B in 308 seconds and c in 198 seconds, all starting at the same point. After what time will they again at the starting point ?
A. 36 minutes 22 seconds
B. 46 minutes 22 seconds
C. 36 minutes 12 seconds
D. 46 minutes 12 seconds
15.The ratio of two numbers is 4 : 5. If the HCF of these numbers is 6, what is their LCM?
16.What is the smallest number which when diminished by 12, is divisible 8, 12, 22 and 24?
16.If 20% of a = b, then b% of 20 is the same as:
A. None of these
B. 10% of a
C. 4% of a
D. 20% of a
17.Two employees X and Y are paid a total of Rs. 550 per week by their employer. If X is paid 120 percent of the sum paid to Y, how much is Y paid per week?
A. Rs. 150
B. Rs. 300
C. Rs. 250
D. Rs. 200
18.In a competitive examination in State A, 6% candidates got selected from the total appeared candidates. State B had an equal number of candidates appeared and 7% candidates got selected with 80 more candidates got selected than A. What was the number of candidates appeared from each State?
19.A rectangular park 60 m long and 40 m wide has two concrete crossroads running in the middle of the park and rest of the park has been used as a lawn. The area of the lawn is 2109 sq. m. what is the width of the road?
A. 5 m
B. 4 m
C. 2 m
D. 3 m
20.A rectangular parking space is marked out by painting three of its sides. If the length of the unpainted side is 9 feet, and the sum of the lengths of the painted sides is 37 feet, find out the area of the parking space in square feet?
A. 126 sq. ft.
B. 64 sq. ft.
C. 100 sq. ft.
D. 102 sq. ft.
21.The length of a rectangle is twice its breadth. If its length is decreased by 5 cm and breadth is increased by 5 cm, the area of the rectangle is increased by 75 sq.cm. What is the length of the rectangle?
A. 18 cm
B. 16 cm
C. 22 cm
D. 20 cm
22. A man’s age is 125% of what it was 10 years ago, but 83 1/3 % of what it will be after ten 10 years. What is his present age?
23. A father said to his son, “I was as old as you are at the present at the time of your birth”. If the father’s age is 38 years now, what was the son’s age five years back?
A. 20 years
B. 18 years
C. 14 years
D. 22 years
24. Six years ago, the ratio of the ages of Vimal and Saroj was 6 : 5. Four years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11 : 10. What is Saroj’s age at present?
25. Sobha’s father was 38 years of age when she was born while her mother was 36 years old when her brother four years younger to her was born. What is the difference between the ages of her parents?
A. 6 years
B. 5 years
C. 4 years
D. 3 years
26. The present age of a father is 3 years more than three times the age of his son. Three years hence, father’s age will be 10 years more than twice the age of the son. What is father’s present age?
A. 30 years
B. 31 years
C. 32 yeas
D. 33 years
27.A train ,130 meters long travels at a speed of 45 km/hr crosses a bridge in 30 seconds. The length of the bridge is
A. 270 m
B. 245 m
C. 235 m
D. 220 m
28. A train 360 m long runs with a speed of 45 km/hr. What time will it take to pass a platform of 140 m long?
A. 38 sec
B. 35 s
C. 44 sec
D. 40 s
29.A train moves past a post and a platform 264 m long in 8 seconds and 20 seconds respectively. What is the speed of the train?
A. 79.2 km/hr
B. 69 km/hr
C. 74 km/hr
D. 61 km/hr
30.Two stations P and Q are 110 km apart on a straight track. One train starts from P at 7 a.m. and travels towards Q at 20 kmph. Another train starts from Q at 8 a.m. and travels towards P at a speed of 25 kmph. At what time will they meet?
A. 10.30 a.m
B. 10 a.m.
C. 9.10 a.m.
D. 11 a.m.
31.This fishing pole Nathan, has seen better days.
A. Pole, Nathan
B. Has, seen
D. No error
32. For the Thanksgiving reunion, relatives were sitting in the dining room, on the porch, and in the carport.
B. Were, sitting
D. No error
33. Lily seems to be a kind, considerate girl.
A. Seems, to
B. Considerate, girl
C. Kind considerate
D. No error
34. My cousin has moved to 56 Central Street Narragansett, Rhode Island 02882.
A. Has moved
B. Central Street
C. 56, Central
D. No error
35. The badger, a shy animal sometimes makes friends with a coyote.
A. Sometimes, makes
C. A shy animal
D. No error
36. After the death of Blackbeard, the famous pirate, piracy disappeared from the coast of the American colonies.
A. The famous pirate
B.After the death
C. Coast, of
D. No error
37. ‘Silent Night’ was written by two men from the village of Oberndorf Austria.
A. men, from
B. Silent Night
C. Oberndorf, Austria
D. No error
38. On November 19, 1929 Admiral Richard E. Byrd flew the Floyd Bennett to the base of the Queen Maud Mountains.
A. Base, of
D. no error
39.‘The boy in the kayak,’ whispered Sue “is the new football captain.”
A. Boy, in the
B. New, football
C. Whispered Sue
D. No error
40. Oh I forgot to bring the cookies.
B. I, forgot
C. To, bring
D, No error
41.The president has a _____ of ______ around him when he makes public appearances.
A. Catalyst, Individuals
B. Barrier, Contrast
C. Hedge, Protection
D. Derrick, Protection
42._____ of the rainbow were _____ against the bright blue sky.
A. Textures, Clear
B. Hues, Vivid
C. Alabaster, Bright
43. A small selection of terms was found at the back of the textbook. It was a
44.The horror movie frightened the children. It was
45. The horror movie frightened the children. It was
46.Thomas Edison tried many filaments for his incandescent lamp.
B. For his
47.The interior temperatures of even the coolest stars are measured in millions of degrees.
B. Of even
C. Are measured
D. In millions
48.The child’s balloon was slowly rising into the sky.
49. Jill sets the plates on the table.
50.The shoes were still lying where Ethan had left them.
51. Several changes in classroom procedures were effected by the new principal.
52.The soaked papers were laid in the sunlight.
D. In the
53. The letter from the teacher implied that the child was not turning in his work.
54. Luke didn’t mean to hurt you during the baseball game.
55. Amber used to recite the alphabet in Chinese.
56. Quebec rises in a magnificent way above the St. Lawrence River.
A. rises in a magnificent way above
B. rises in a magnificent way, way above
C. rises magnificently above
D.rises magnificently way above
57. Someone gives the school gerbils every year.
A. Someone gives the school gerbils
B. Some one gives the school gerbils
C. Some one gives the School gerbils
D. There is a person that gives the school gerbils
58. During Colonial days, a school room looked rather empty.
A. Colonial days, a school room looked
B. Colonial days, a schoolroom looked
C. Colonial Days, a schoolroom looked
D. Colonial Days; a school room looked
59.The helium-filled balloon rose in the air.
A.rose in the air.
B. was rising in the air.
C.was in the air.
D.rose into the air.
60. If I had the address, I would have delivered the package myself.
A. had the address
B.had the address
C. had the address
D. had had the address
(1)B (2)C (3)B (4)A (5)D (6)D (7)D (8)A (9)B (10)C (11)A (12)B (13)D (14)D (15)D (16)A (17)C (18)C ( 19)D (20)D ( 21)A (22)D (23)C (24)B (25)C (26)A (27)B (28)C (29)D (30)A (31)B (32)A (33)D (34)D (35)B (36)C (37)D (38)C (39)C (40)C (41)A (42)C (43)B (44)A (45)C (46)C (47)D (48)C (49)A (50)B (51)D (52)D (53)D (54)D (55)D (56)C (57)A (58)B (59)D (60)E
Click to download PDF:-
You may also like to visit:-
Users can give their suggestions in comment section inorder to improve the article ” Tata Steel Management Trainee Sample Paper”