In 2013, TATA Consultancy Services has registered their name into the top Fortunes list of companies in world. TCS is ranked 40th all across the world and is the largest IT service providing company in India by revenue. In India TCS is considered as one of the best place to work. TCS has decided to recruit 50000 freshers this year from all over world. They would visiting different colleges and universities in different countries for the recruitment of freshers as well as experienced. In this section, we have provided the complete details of TCS placement process with latest TCS aptitude test paper with question based on latest TCS online test. Questions has been taken from various colleges. For practicing online, join Online TCS Test free.
TCS Placement Process
It consists of 3 Stages
- Online TCS Aptitude Test
- Verbal Ability Test
Round I – Online Aptitude Test
- Based on Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning
- Total Time : 80 Minutes
- Number of Questions : 30
Round II – Verbal Ability Test
- Document Verification
- Communication Skills
- Not a Elimination Round
Round III – Interview
- Technical and HR Interview
- Questions from Subject of Interest
- Projects Undertaken, Hobbies
TCS Aptitude Test Paper
Total Time : 80 Minutes
Number of Questions : 30
1. There are two water tanks A and B, A is much smaller than B. While water fills at the rate of one litre every hour in A, it gets filled up like 10, 20, 40, 80, 160… in tank B.( At the end of first hour, B has 10 litres , second hour it has 20, and so on). If tank B is 1/32 filled after 21 hours, what is the total duration required to fill it completely?
2. There are two boxes, one containing 10 red balls and the other containing 10 green balls. You are allowed to move the balls between the boxes so that when you choose a box at random and a ball at random from the chosen box, the probability of getting a red ball is maximized. This maximum probability is
3. 4 years ago Adithya’s age was twice Ganesh age. 4 yrs hence Adithya’s age will be 4/3 times the age of Ganesh. Find Adithya’s present age.
4. What is the smallest number by which 2880must be divided to make it into a perfect square.
5. A racehorse starts chasing a wild pony 3 hours after the pony bolts the stable. The pony runs through the entire country of Alb.Texas jumping 3 streams and crossing four 10 meter roads. The racehorse finally catches up with the pony after four hours by the time the sun had set and the moon was up in the sky for 4 hours. If the average speed of the racehorse is 73kmph then average speed of the wild pony is ____ kmph.
6. A hare and a tortoise have a race along a circle of 100 yards diameter. The tortoise goes in one direction and the hare in the other. The hare starts after the tortoise has covered 1/5 of its distance and that too leisurely. The hare and tortoise meet when the hare has covered only 1/8 of the distance. By what factor should the hare increase its speed so as to tie the race?
7. A person drives with constant speed and after some time he sees a milestone with 2 digits. Then travels for 1 hours and sees the same 2 digits in reverse order. 1 hours later he sees that the milestone has the same 2 digits with a 0 between them. What is the speed of the car?
8. 30 teams enter a hockey tournament. A team is out of the tournament if it loses 2 games. What is the maximum number of games to be played to decide one winner?
9. The teacher is testing a student’s proficiency in arithmetic and poses the following question. 1/3 of a number is 3 more than 1/6 of the same number. What is the number? Can you help the student find the answer?
10. A hollow cube of size 5cm is taken, with a thickness of 1cm. It is made of smaller cubes of size 1 cm. If 4 faces of the outer surface of the cube are painted, totally how many faces of the smaller cubes remain unpainted?
11. A tennis championship is played on a knock-out basis, i.e., a player is out of the tournament when he loses a match. How many players participate in the tournament if 127 matches are totally played?
12. A number when divided by 100 leaves a quotient (Q) and a remainder (R). How many three-digit natural numbers are there such that Q + R is divisible by 11?
13. A train speeds past a pole in 15 seconds and a platform 100 m long in 25 seconds. Its length is
14. If a pipe can fill the tank within 6 hrs. But due to leak it takes 30 min more. Now the tank is full then how much time will it take to empty the tank thought the leak?
15. In a triangle if the length of sides are as given below which one will not form triangle?
16. A cube of 3x3x3 is painted from all the 6 faces. If I cut the cube in 27 equal cubes of 1x1x1 then how many cubes will be painted on exactly 2 faces?
e)None of these
18. Let N be the greatest number that will divide 1305, 4665 and 6905, leaving the same remainder in each case. Then sum of the digits in N is:
19. When all words in “master” is sorted in alphabetical order then what is the 49th word ?
20. 9 years ago i was five times as old as my eldest son. Today i am 3 times his age. How old
am i now?
21. In a box of one dozen eggs, the ratio of broken eggs to unbroken eggs could be any of the
22. There are two water tank A and B, A is much smaller than B. WHile water fills at the rate of one letre
every hour in A, it gets filled like 10, 20, 40, 80, 160..in Tank B. (at the end of first hour, B has 10litres,
second hoiur it has 20, and so on). If tank B is 1/4 filled after 20hrs, what is the total duration required
to fil it completely.
23. 2 student get 3 and 3.5 in their class exam And 1.2 and 1.45 in final exam respectively .What might be the class marks of 3rd student who have got 0 marks in final exam?
24. My flight takes of at 2pm from a place at 18N 40E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N40W. What is the local time when my plane landed?
25. A train starts full of passengers. At the first station, it drops one-third of the passengers and takes 280 more. At the second station, it drops one-half of the new total and takes 12 more. On arriving at the third station, it is found to have 248 passengers. Find the number of passengers in the beginning.
26. 23 people are there, they are shaking hands together, how many hand shakes possible, if they are in pair of cyclic sequence.
27. A box of 150 packets consists of 1kg packets and 2kg packets. Total weight of box is 264kg. How many 2kg packets are there?
28. 2 oranges, 3 bananas and 4 apples cost Rs.15. 3 oranges, 2 bananas, and 1 apple costs Rs 10. What is the cost of 3 oranges, 3 bananas and 3 apples?
29. Here 10 programers, type 10 lines with in 10 minutes then 60lines can type within 60 minutes. How many programmers are needed?
30. Find average speed if a man travels at speed of 24kmph up and 36kmph down at an altitude of 200m.
Marking Scheme : 1 marks on every correct answers and 0.33 deductions on every wrong answers
Download TCS Aptitude Test Pdf