This article lets you know about the Tata Consultancy Services and last year TCS Sample Paper 2018
TCS referred to Tata Consultancy Services which is IT based multi-national company and was founded in the year of 1968 by Jrd Tata.This company visits to many colleges in order to recruit the students from the different government and private colleges and recruits students on the post of Assistant Manager.
TCS Aptitute Sample Paper 2018 with answers:
Solved Quantitative Aptitude Questions from TCS Placement Papers.
1) Which of the following numbers is divisible by 4?
b) 10224. This is the only option with last two digits divisible by 4
2) At 15:15 pm railway time, what will be the angle between minute and hour hand?
a) 0 degrees
b) 180 degrees
c) 360 degrees
d) Both a and c
d) At 15:15 both minute and hour hands will be in same position. Hence the angle between them will be zero
degrees. However 360 degree also means both minute and hour hands are in same position. Hence correct answers are
both zero and 360 degrees
3) Let Raj be 3 years older than Ravi and Hema be two years younger than Ravi. Raj is three times as old as Rahul
who is Hema’s brother. The ratio of the ages of Hema and Her brother is 3:2. Find by how much percentage Raj’s age
is more than Hema’s when Raj will be 20 years old.
4) A hat vendor bought hats at Rs 5 per 3 hats. He sold them at Rs 10 per 4 hats. What was his profit percentage?
Answer: Cost price per hat = 5/3
Selling price per hat = 10/4
Profit percentage = (S.P – C.P / C.P) x 100
Substituting the above SP and CP we get 50%.
5) Find by how much percentage the average of first 10 odd numbers (starting from 1) is greater than the last
a) 900/19 %
b) 800/66 %
c) Cannot be determined
First ten odd numbers form an arithmetic progression of the form
here a = first term = 1
d = common difference = 2
Average of first n numbers = (2a + (n – 1)d)/2
n th term of the AP = a + (n – 1)d
Substituting a = 1, d = 2 and n = 10 in the above formulas
average of first 10 numbers = 10
10 th term of the AP = 19
Therefore average of first 10 terms is 19 – 10 = 9 greater than
the last term. Hence the average is greater than the sum by
9/19 X 100 = 900/19 %
6. The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will three pencils, three pens and three erasers cost?
7. Fathers age is 5 times his son’s age. 4 years back the father was 9 times older than son.Find the fathers’ present age.
Ans. 40 years
8. What number should be added to or subtracted from each term of the ratio 17 : 24 so that it becomes equal to 1 : 2.
Ans. 10 should be subtracted
9. What is the 12th term of the series 2, 5, 8, ….
10. If 20 men take 15 days to to complete a job, in how many days can 25 men finish that work?
Ans. 12 days
1.Physiognomy the practice of trying to judge character and mental qualities by observation of bodily, esp. facial, features
2. Repudiate disinherit, banish, renounce; discard, oust.
3. Antonyms: EMBRACE; CONFIRM; ACCEPT
4. Mitigate alleviate, reduce, diminish, lessen, weaken, attenuate
Antonyms: AGGRAVATE; INCREASE; INTENSIFY
5. Inundate overwhelm, overpower, overburden, overflow, overrun
6. Bilk cheat, defraud, exploit, fleece, deceive, trick
7. Nettle irritates, provoke, try someone’s patience, annoy, incense
8. Impugn question, dispute, query, berate, criticize, denounce, censure
9. Mulch fertilize, fertilizer
10. Tenacity firmness, fastness, tightness, strength, force, forcefulness, power.
1. The figure shown can be folded into the shape of a cube. In the resulting cube, which of the lettered faces is opposite the face marked x?
Explanation: If you fold the above picture at the dotted lines, X and C are opposite to each other.
2. In how many ways a team of 11 must be selected from 5 men and 11 women such that the team must comprise of not more than 3 men?
The team may consist of 0 men + 11 women, 1 men + 10 women, 2 men + 9 women, or 3 men + 8 women.
So Number of ways are = 11C11+5C1×11C10+5C2×11C9+5C3×11C8
3. Given that 0 < a < b < c < d, which of the following the largest ?
a.(c+d) / (a+b)
b.(a+d) / (b+c)
c.(b+c) / (a+d)
d.(b+d) / (a+c)
Explanation: Take a = 1, b = 2, c = 3, d = 4. option A is clearly true.
4. Eesha bought 18 sharpeners for Rs.100. She paid 1 rupee more for each white sharpener than for each brown sharpener. What is the price of a white sharpener and how many white sharpener did she buy ?
a. Rs.5, 10
b. Rs.6, 10
c. Rs.5, 8
d. Rs.6, 8
The fourteen digits of a credit card are to be written in the boxes shown above. If the sum of every three consecutive digits is 18, then the value of x is :
b. cannot be determined from the given information.
Sol : A
Let us assume right most two squares are a , b
Then Sum of all the squares = 18 x 4 + a + b ………. (1)
Also Sum of the squares before 7 = 18
Sum of the squares between 7, x = 18
and sum of the squares between x , 8 = 18
So Sum of the 14 squares = 18 + 7 + 18 + x + 18 + 8 + a + b (2)
Equating 1 and 2 we get x = 3
6. Four people each roll a four die once. Find the probability that at least two people will roll the same number ?
c. None of the given choices
The number of ways of rolling a dice where no two numbers probability that no one rolls the same number = 6 x 5 x 4 x 3
Now total possibilities of rolling a dice = 64
The probability that a no one gets the same number = 6×5×4×364=518
So the probability that at least two people gets same number = 1−518=1318
7. Jake can dig a well in 16 days. Paul can dig the same well in 24 days. Jake, Paul and Hari together dig the well in 8 days. Hari alone can dig the well in
a. 96 days
b. 48 days
c. 32 days
d. 24 days
Explanation: Simple one. Let the total work to be done is 48 meters. Now Jake can dig 3 mts, Paul can dig 2 mts a day. Now all of them combined dug in 8 days so per day they dug 48/8 = 6 mts. So Of these 8 mts, Hari capacity is 1 mt.
So he takes 48 /1 = 48 days to complete the digging job.
8. Eesha bought 18 sharpeners for Rs.100. She paid 1 rupee more for each white sharpener than for each brown sharpener. What is the price of a white sharpener and how many white sharpener did she buy ?
a. Rs.5, 10
b. Rs.6, 10
c. Rs.5, 8
d. Rs.6, 8
Explanation: This question can be solved easily by going through options.
A. White sharpener total cost: Rs.5 x 10 = Rs.50. Brown sharpeners cost = Rs.4 x 8 = 32. Total cost is only Rs.82. Wrong option.
B. White sharpener total cost: Rs.6 x 10 = Rs.60. Brown sharpeners cost = Rs.5 x 8 = 40. Total cost is Rs.100. Correct option.
9. The sum of the digits of a three digit number is 17, and the sum of the squares of its digits is 109. If we subtract 495 from the number, we shall get a number consisting of the same digits written in the reverse order. Find the number.
Explanation: Check options. Sum of the squares should be equal to 109. Only Options B and D satisfying. When we subtract 495, only 863 becomes 368.
10. Mark told John “If you give me half your money I will have Rs.75. John said, “if you give me one third of your money, I will have Rs.75/- How much money did John have ?
Explanation: Let the money with Mark and John are M and J respectively.
M + J/2 = 75
M/3 + J = 75
Solving we get M = 45, and J = 60.