UPSC Economics Optional Books
Indian Economy and Economics are considered as a significant part of the UPSC IAS Exam. It is a relevant subject for UPSC IAS Preliminary Exam as well as rather for Main and Interview too.
Most of the Aspirants are confused that for the UPSC Exam which book preferred, which is best for your help we’ll provide you some important books as well as all those books which are generally preferred by aspirants who are preparing for the UPSC Exam.
Best Books for Economics Optional For UPSC Exam
- Economics (GS) – Sriram IAS
- Economy Indian Polity – Chokalingam
- Indian Economy- by Zulfiqar Mohd GS Mentors
- AXIOM IAS – Mahesh Lalwani Economics
- An Introduction to Economics – A.W. Stonier and D.C. Hauge
- Indian Economy – Mishra and Puri
- Dictionary of Economics – Graham Bannock; T.E. Baxter, Ray Rees
- Economic Growth and Development – Mayer and Baldwin
- Economic Survey: Twelve Five Year Plan: New Industrial Policy – Government of India
- Economics – Paul A. Samuelson
- Economics Choice – Koutsweanik
- Growth and Development – M L Jhingan
- Banking – S.B. Gupta
- Indian Economy – R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram
- Macro Economic Analysis – Edward Shapiro
- International Economics – Bo Soderston
- International Economics – H.G. Mannur or Salvatore
- Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh
- International Trade – Bo Soderston
- Modern Banking – R.S. Sayers
- Monetary Theory and Public Policy – Kenneth Kurihara
- Money Supply in India: Concepts, Compilation, and Analysis: Functions and Working – Reserve Bank of India
- Public Finance – K.K. Andley and Sundharam
- Outline of Monetary Economics – A.C.I. Day
- Public Finance – H.L. Bhatia
- National Income Accounting – Neethu
- The Economic Times
- Economic and Political Weekly
1.Mahesh Lalwani Economics Notes
Mahesh Lalwani Economics Notes Topics
Comparative Advantage, Terms of Trade and Offer Curve, Old and New Theories of International Trade, Balance of Payments Adjustments: Alternative Approaches.
Trade as an engine of growth and theories under development in an open economy.Alternative Approaches, Price versus income, income adjustments under fixed exchange rates,. Theories of Policy Mix, Speculative attacks
2.Sriram Ias Economy Notes
Sriram Ias Economics Notes Topics
poverty.inclusion.demographics.social sector initiatives.indian economy and issue relating to planning.mobilization of resource growth, development and employment.
3.Indian Economy by Zulfiqar Mohd
Author- Zulfiqar Mohd
4.Economy Indian Polity – Chokalingam
5.Indian Economy – Mishra and Puri
Author- Mishra and Puri
6. Economics – Paul A. Samuelson
Author –Paul A. Samuelson
7. Indian Economy – Ramesh Singh
Author- Ramesh Singh
Pries – ₹447
8.Public Finance – H.L. Bhatia
Author- H.L. Bhatia
Pries – ₹225
9. Indian Economy – R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram
Author- R. Dutt and KPM Sundaram
Pries – ₹524
10. Public Finance – K.K. Andley and Sundharam
Author- K.K. Andley and Sundharam
Pries – ₹125
Through This Research Article on best Economics Optional Notes, we have tried to answer a few frequently answered question by a student
1. What was Abhijeet Sinha’s strategy and book list for economics optional?
2. What books should be read for the economics optional in UPSC and what should be the preparation strategy regarding this?
3. How do I study economics optional for UPSC Mains?
4.How do I prepare for economics optional in UPSC civil service examination?