Zoology Optional Books
Important Books of Zoology Optional For UPSC Exam-
UPSC IAS Exam is conducted by UPSC in three stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview. The marks you fetch in IAS Mains Exam decide your ranking in the final list. The UPSC IAS Mains exam has 9 papers, including optional papers. Zoology is an optional subject for Civil Services Mains examination. Aspirants might be aware of that the marks of the optional paper are crucial in Mains Exam. One must perform exceptionally well in this written examination, which decides your fate. Candidate should choose their favorite subject and the right strategies to execute it.
Zoology requires a huge amount of hard work. This optional paper is also quite lengthy. Aspirants should be thorough with the syllabus. Knowing the syllabus will help you to understand what to study what not to study.
Zoology Optional Syllabus
Important Books of Zoology Optional For UPSC Exam
- Evolution – Veer Bala Rastogi
- A Dictionary of Entomology – Leftwich
- Biochemistry – Harper, Lehninger, Stryer, Rao
- Genetics – P.K. Gupta, Gardner, Ahluwalia, Vir Bala Rastogi
- Physiology – H.R. Singh
- Animal physiology – H.R. Singh, Vander
- Embryology – Balinsky, A.K. Berry, Vir Bala Rastogi
- Ethology – Reena Mathur, Magazines like Science Reporter, Nature, etc.
- Ecology – P.D. Sharma, Odum, Vir Bala Rastogi, and M.S. Jayaraj, Kotpal and Bali
- Evolution – Vir Bala Rastogi
- Organic evolution – Veer Bala Rastogi
- Cell and Molecular Biology – De Robertis, C.B. Powar
- Invertebrates – R.L. Kotpal, Nigam, Jordan
- Vertebrates – R.L. Kotpal, Nigam, Jordan and Varma
- Comparative anatomy of vertebrate zoology – Kent
- General zoology: Tracy Irwin Storer, Robert L. Usinger
- Economic Zoology – Shukla and Upadhaya, Kotpal Series, Kotpal- Khetrapal – Agarwal
1. Evolution – Veer Bala Rastogi
2. A Dictionary of Entomology – Leftwich
Author – Veer Bala Rastogi
Price Soft Copy – 274
3. Physiology – H.R. Singh
Author – H.R. Singh
Price Soft Copy – 300
4.Invertebrates – R.L. Kotpal
Author – R.L. Kotpal
Price Soft Copy – 681
5. Cell and Molecular Biology – De Robertis
Author – De Robertis
Price Soft Copy – 1350
6.Comparative anatomy of vertebrate zoology – Kent
Author – Kent
Price Soft Copy – 1683
Through This Research Article on best zoology Optional Books, we have tried to answer a few frequently answered question by a student
1. Which book is the best for optional zoology?
2. What are the books required for zoology optional in the UPSE?
3. Which is the best book of zoology for the UPSC Mains?
4. Which book should I read for the zoology optional in the UPSC?