All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences acronyms as AIIMS which is located in New Delhi and is one of the renowned Institute for MBBS course. AIIMs is an independent Institution of national significant awards its own medical degrees .It conducts MBBS Entrance Test for admission into AIIMS New Delhi and other six AIIMS Institutions in India. The degrees that are awarded by the Institute are recognised medical qualifications for the objective of the Indian Medical Council Act. Also the degrees awarded are treated at par with medical degrees which is conferred by other Universities. The course duration in AIIMs is 5 1/2 Years.
AIIM is a residential university in which the staff , faculty members and the students live on campus. There are around 8 hostels for undergraduate students with accommodation of around 850 students.
The candidates must satisfy the following criteria in order to appear in the exam.
- He/She should have attained or will attain the age of 17 years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission.
- He/She should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme or Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of a recognized Board of any Indian State with PHYSICS, BIOLOGY , CHEMISTRY and ENGLISH.
- He/She should have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in the case of General & OBC and 50% in case of SC or ST candidates with aggregate in PHYSICS, BIOLOGY , CHEMISTRY and ENGLISH.
The question paper of AIIMs is mainly divided into four sections with total of 200 questions.
The sections are
- Physics which carries 60 questions
- Chemistry which carries 60 questions
- Biology (Zoology & Botany)which carries 60 questions
- General knowledge which carries 20 questions
The Entrance exam time duration is 3½ hours with multiple choice and reason and assertion type questions. Negative marking is also done for wrong answer. The candidates who qualify the exam their roll numbers are displayed on the notice board of the examination section also result can be seen from the website of AIIMs .
There is no particular syllabus prescribed by AIIMs .However, for entrance exam the question paper general standard will be that of class 12th under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science.
Language of Question Paper:
According to the choice of the candidates the question paper will be set either in English or in Hindi . A candidate must select his/her choice for the language in the space provided in the application form also the choice once made cannot be altered later.
Exam Centres :
AIIMs has following exam centres – Bangaluru, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Bhubaneswar, Delhi, Hyderabad, Guwahati, Jammu, Kochi, Jodhpur,Kolkata, Mumbai, Lucknow Raipur and Patna.
Contact Details of AIIMs:
For any queries related with the entrance exam the candidates can also contact
Assistant Controller (Exams) Examination Section
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi -110 608
Sample papers for AIIMs: