Check out the Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science Strategy by UPSC topper
Read below to know about the Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science Strategy by UPSC topper and get set to prepare for UPSC Mains in a better manner. Check out the important information available below to start the preparations in full flow.
Paper wise strategy discussion
Book to refer : Principles of Animal Nutrition by DV Reddy.
Topics you should never miss out during preparation are given below
- Energy-protein relationship
- Use of NPN compounds
- Feed additives
- Conservation of fodders
- Storage and anti-nutritional factors
- Poultry nutrition.
Books to refer:
- Textbook of Medical Physiology by Guyton and Hall for Endocrine and Cardiovascular Systems
- Make use of Biochemistry by U Satyanarayana for Biochemsistry sections
- Dukes’ Physiology of Domestic Animals will lend also lend a hand in preparations
Topics that you should never miss out while preparations are mentioned below
- Growth curves
- Mammary development
- Digestive organs
Apart from the above topics, ensure that you go through about the birds under excretion topic.Jot down the important points into notes so that you can read afterwards and also keep training the essential diagram in this chapter
Books to refer : Perspectives in Animal Ecology and Reproduction by Verma and Gupta
Topics that you should never miss out while preparation
- Qualitative and quantitative characteristics of semen
- Methods of detection of estrus.
Livestock Production and Management
Books to refer: Principles of Dairy Management by P Venkateshwara Rao and Pashudhan Magazine as well
This section is considered to be one of the important sections in the Animal Husbandary and Vertinary Science Optional as the questions are repeated over years.
Genetics and Animal Breeding
Books to refer:
- Cell Biology by Agarwal and Agarwal is the best book to read Population Genetics
- Other books like Principles of Genetics by Gardner, Population Genetics by DC Flaconer and Population Genetics by SS Tomar are important as well.
- Animal breeding by SS Tomar and Introduction to Practical Animal Breeding by Dalton are suitable for Breeding systems.
Topics that you should never miss out while preparations
- Qualitative and quantitative traits
- HW equilibrium
- Factors affecting the equilibrium
- Partition of variation
- Paper II
Anatomy, Pharmacology and Hygiene
Books to refer :Textbook of Histology Including the Microscopic Technique by Philipp Stoehr.
Topics that you should never miss out while preparing
- Freezing microtome
- Germ layers
- Foetal membranes
- Germ layers derivatives.
Anatomy is one section from which questions are asked rarely
Books to refer:
- Prevention and Treatment of Diseases of the Domestic Animals Including Etiology
- Symptoms by Kenelm Winslow
- Veterinary Public Health
Books to refer : Zoonoses: Bacterial Diseases by Sudhi Ranjan Garg and Veterinary Ethics and Jurisprudence by Kirti Dua.
Moreover, Textbook of Elements of Veterinary Public Health by Bachhil and Thapliyal (ICAR) is also the best for preparations.
Some common Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science Optional strategy by UPSC that works.
- Diagrams play a major role in this optional subject, so make sure that you draw neatly and label them perfectly.
- Your answers should be precise and it should never confuse the examiner. If you are not sure about the answer for questions, write them at last
- Try to answer all the questions and first proceed with the questions for which you know the answers
- During preparation, you need to note down the important points and summary of each chapter for the last minute revisions
- Otherwise, you have to refer each and every book in a short time which is actually difficult.
- Coaching institutes that are providing top courses in your city are listed below from which you can select one. The IAS institutes will certainly help you by providing study materials and conducts tests often.
- Best IAS Coaching in Hyderabad.
- IAS Coaching in Bangalore.
- Top IAS Coaching in Mumbai.
- Best IAS coaching in Chandigarh
- Top IAS Coaching in Delhi.
- Best IAS Coaching in Kolkata.
- Best IAS Coaching in Chennai.
IAS Notes UPSC Toppers group