Sociology Optional Books For Ias
Sociology has turned out as a vital part of General Studies paper well as an optional paper in Civil Services Mains Examination. Being one of the easiest optional subjects, many aspirants take Sociology yearly as their optional for UPSC IAS Mains Exam.
Sociology Optional Syllabus Books
Like, other optional subjects sociology has two papers.
Paper I of Sociology deals with the fundamentals of Sociology where
Paper II of Sociology optional deals with Indian society, its structure, and change.
Here we are giving the important books for Paper I and Paper II of sociology optional for UPSC IAS Mains.
Sociology Optional Books by UPSC Toppers Suggestions
- Sociology Optional By Mahapatra Sir
- SOCIOLOGY BY Upendra Sir
- SOCIOLOGY Harlambos Blue Book
- Sociology Test series Praveen Kishore sir
- Sociological Theory – George Ritzer
- Sociology – Haralambos & Holborn
- Oxford Dictionary Of Sociology
- Sociological Thought – Francis Abraham and John Henry Morgan
- Political Theory – O P Gauba
- Social Change in India – M N Srinivas
- Caste Its Twentieth Century Avatar – M N Srinivas
- Handbook of Indian Sociology – Veena Das
- Indian Society and Culture – Nadeem Hasnain
- Modernization of Indian Tradition – Yogendra Singh
- Persistence and Change in Tribal India – M.V. Rao
- Rural Sociology – Doshi and Jain
- Social Background of Indian Nationalism – A R Desai
1.Mahapatra Sir Sociology Notes
2.Upendra Sir Sociology Notes
3. SOCIOLOGY Harlambos Blue Book
4. Modernization of Indian tradition by Yogendra Singh
5. Rural Sociology Doshi and Jain
6. Social Change in India – M N Srinivas
7. Indian Society and Culture – Nadeem Hasnain
8. Sociological Theory – George Ritzer
1. What should a beginner read for the sociology optional in UPSC
2. What are the books to be read for sociology optional in UPSC CSE?
3. Which books can be referred for “Sociology” as a UPSC optional?
4. Which books to refer for sociology optional in civil services exam?