chartered accountant exam
Chartered Accountant (CA) is one of the most attractive and stable career option for the students belonging to Commerce stream. To become a CA students needs to clear the Chartered Accountant Exam held once in a year. The term chartered refers to the charter under which these bodies were incorporated to. Subjects examined include financial accounting as well as management accounting, auditing, taxation, the company law. Chartered Accountant Exam is a tough exam..!!! A member of one of the institutions of accountants granted a royal charter. Chartered Accountants work in all fields of business and finance sectors. Some are engaged in public practice too. Others work in the private sector and some chartered are employed by government bodies.
The chartered accountants are authorized to render an audit opinion on a company’s financial statements. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India which set up under the CA Act 1949, regulates the profession of Chartered Accountancy. The First step for an individual in to get a certified as a Chartered Accountant is to be registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants, India. You will require a minimum of Ten Months to prepare for the CA Examination (PE-1, PE-2 and Final), which held twice in a year.
Candidates are required to successfully complete –
1. PE-1 : Candidates appearing for 10+2 Exams,they can register for this exam. This exam is conducted in the months of May and November every year.
2. PE-2 : Candidate should successfully completed PE-1 or Foundation Course. This Course is conducted in May and November each year.
3. There is 2.5 Years of Practical Training.
4. Final : Candidate should have successfully completed PE-2 or Intermediate Exam for progressing.
5. 15 Days course on General Management & Communication Skills is done.
You are also required to register with the Board of Studies in order to become eligible in the exam. Once, these five mandates are complete you are eligible for applying for a membership with the Institute of chartered Accountants in India. Only when you become a member at the Institute of Chartered Accounts of India then you will become a ‘Chartered’ Accountant.
As an alternative to the PE-1/Foundation Course, which requires ten long months of preparation and an exhaustive theoretical examination when the candidates aspiring to become Chartered Accountants they can now opt for CPT or Common Proficiency Test.
The CPT (Common Proficiency Test) is a Objective-Type Questions Test. The Candidates have the choice for opting Hindi Medium Question Paper. The candidates can also choose a Paper-Pencil Mode of Examination or can choose an Online Computer-Based Test. The Test is divided into Two Sections : Two Hours and 100 Marks each. There will be negative marking if wrong. Students are tested upon –
1) Fundamentals of Accounting
2) Mercantile Laws
3) General Economics and
4) Quantitative Aptitude
The candidate has to obtain 50% marks in order to clear this level.
Fees – The Fees for these courses vary with various accredited institutes according to there features.
Some of the Best Institute of Chartered Accountants in India are–
1. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
Address for Communication
New Delhi 110052
2. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
Address for Communication
16/7 Civil lines,
Ph: 0512-368642, 311048
3. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
Address for Communication
ICAI Bhavan, 122, Mahatma Gandhi Road,
Post Box No. 3314,
Chartered Accountant Exam is a very vital exam for the commerce students in India. These examinations are conducted throughout the country for recruiting students with ICAI.
Criterion for CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT EXAM
1. The aspiring candidate for a CA EXAM should have cleared the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2). Students waiting for (10+2) results can apply too.
2. Students can join a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT EXAMINATION program after (10+2) or graduation. There is no restriction in terms of age or percentage secured in (10+2) standards.
Admission Process and CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT EXAM Pattern
1. CPT – Common Proficiency Test is the most vital examination to be cleared by the candidates for entering the area of chartered accountancy and for qualifying the CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT EXAM.
2. Common proficiency test is conducted two times in a year in the months of June and December.
3. CPT includes 4 subject tests that the candidates are required to clear. The subjects are follows:
- Mercantile Laws
- General Economics
- Quantitative Aptitude Test
4. CPT is a 2 hours exam and is divided into two sessions each. It is an objective type 200 marks examination with negative marking for wrong answers.
5. The CPT exam requires the candidate to secure 50% marks for proceeding.
Click to download Sample Paper PDF:-
- CA final paper SET-1 Advanced Management Accounting
- CA sample Paper SET-2 Advanced Management Accounting
You may also like to visit:
Readers can share their views in the comment section for the improvement of this article.
Best CA Books Available from studymaterial.oureducation.in