CMAT entrance Exam 2018 syllabus,Eligibility Criteria, Notification6:47 pm
CMAT entrance Exam 2018 syllabus,Eligibility Criteria, Notification
CMAT entrance Exam 2018 syllabus,Eligibility Criteria, Notification-
CMAT 2018 – Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for admissions to post graduate management programmes offered by AICTE approved institutes and universities. The application process of CMAT 2018 exam is likely to start in October 2017. The exam will be conducted in the last week of January 2018 and the result will be declared in February 2018. CMAT is a computer based test which is held in several cities across India. The exam is divided into four sections and the total duration of the test is 180 minutes. On the basis of CMAT scores, the candidates can seek admission in MBA, PGDM, Executive PGDM and other management programmes in AICTE-approved institutes across the country. The CMAT 2018 scores will be valid for the academic year 2018-19. Graduates and final year graduate students are eligible to apply for this exam. For detailed information on CMAT 2018 eligibility criteria, important dates, application process and exam pattern, the candidates are advised to read this article carefully.
CMAT entrance Exam 2018 syllabus,Eligibility Criteria, Notification
Understand the exam pattern
The first step is to gain a familiarity with the exam pattern of CMAT exam. This will make it easier for the candidates to jump-start their preparations on the right note. CMAT can be segmented into the following sections –
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Language Comprehension
- General Awareness
There are 25 questions in every section. Each question carries 4 marks, and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer. The duration of the exam is 180 minutes.
CMAT 2018 Important Dates
|S. No.||Event||Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Application Process Starts||Second week of October 2017|
|2||Application Process Ends||Fourth week of December 2017|
|3||Release of Admit Card||Third week of January 2018|
|4||CMAT 2018 Exam||Fourth week of January 2018|
|5||Announcement of Result||Second week of February 2018|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2018
There are certain eligibility conditions that the candidates must fulfill to appear for CMAT 2018 exam. Before filling the application form, the candidates must ensure that the fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility conditions –
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must be a graduate.
- The students who are in the final year of their graduation are eligible to apply, provided their results are declared before the commencement of the academic year 2018-19.
The non-fulfillment of the above-mentioned eligibility criteria will lead to disqualification at any stage of the admission process.
CMAT Application Form 2018
The candidates who wish to appear for CMAT 2018 will be required to fill the application form online. The application process, which is likely to start in October 2017, comprises three stages –
- In the first stage, the candidates need to do self registration by entering few basic details. The candidates must check all the details carefully before submitting. Once submitted, the candidates will not be able to edit the information on this page.
- In the second stage, the candidates need to pay the application fee. It can be paid online using Credit Card/ Debit Card / Net Banking. Alternately, the candidates can also pay the fee through cash at SBI bank branches.
- In the third stage, the candidates need to enter and submit the remaining details. After the final submission, the data entered cannot be edited.
CMAT Application Fee 2018
As mentioned above, the candidates need to pay the application fee while filling the application form. The application fee details are as follows –
- General Category – Rs. 1400/- (Bank charges extra)
- Reserved Category – Rs. 700/- (Bank charges extra)
CMAT Admit Card 2018
The admit card for CMAT 2018 exam will be released in the month of January 2018. The admit card is issued to those candidates who successfully register for the exam and meet the eligibility criteria. The admit card is an important document that every candidate needs to carry to the examination centre. CMAT admit card will be released online and the candidates will be required to download it. A link to access the admit card will be made available on this page as soon as the admit card is released by AICTE. The candidates must keep in mind that without a valid admit card, the candidates will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
CMAT Exam Pattern 2018
CMAT exam is conducted in computer based mode. The total duration of the exam is three hours. It is divided into four sections. The table given below provides more information on the exam pattern of CMAT 2018 –
|S. No.||Types of Questions||No. of Questions|
|1||Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25|
As far as the marking scheme is concerned, the candidates are awarded 4 marks for every correct answer, while 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect answer. The total number of questions asked in the exam is 100 (25 questions in each section) and the maximum marks is 400.
CMAT Exam Centres 2018
CMAT 2018 is a national level entrance exam. A large number of students and professionals from all parts of the country appear for this exam every year. For the convenience of the candidates, the AICTE conducts this exam in over 60 cities across the country. Some of the main cities where the exam is held include –
Depending on the number of applicants, more cities may be added to the existing list CMAT 2018 exam entres.
CMAT Syllabus 2018
In CMAT syllabus, a wide variety of topics are covered. The MBA aspirants who are planning to appear for CMAT 2018 must focus on all the topics. Here are the main topics from which the questions are asked in the different sections of CMAT exam –
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation – Ratio & proportion, algebra, simple & compound interest, work & time, probability, mensuration etc.
- Logical Reasoning – Analogy test, inferences, cause and effects, sequencing, ranking tests, linear arrangements, number series, coding & decoding etc.
- Language Comprehension – Synonyms & antonyms, sentence correction, idioms & phrases, grammar, one-word substitution, paragraph completion etc.
- General Awareness – Current awareness, history, culture, literature, geography, economics, sports, Indian constitution etc.
CMAT Result 2018
The result of CMAT 2018 exam will be declared in the month of February 2018. AICTE will release the scorecard online and the candidates will be required to download and print it. The candidates will be able to check the result by logging in to their accounts using their log in credentials. The scorecards will furnish the total as well as the sectional scores of the candidates. Apart from the score card, All India Merit List will also be published by AICTE. On the basis of CMAT result, the candidates will be offered admission in MBA programmes offered by AICTE-approved institutes.
For Study material or notes you can visit-