Current affairs by Achievers IAS Bangalore1:53 pm
These current affairs are being designed by Achievers IAS for students of UPSC. Achievers IAS is one of Premier IAS coaching at BAngalore.
- India and World Bank Sign US $ 250 Million Financing Agreement for Andhra Pradesh Disaster Recovery Project.
- New Delhi reacts strongly to unprovoked firing by Pakistan at Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir; Warns of firm response.
- Supreme Court agrees to hear CBI plea on filing of charge sheets by SIT in Vyapam scam.
- Centre constitutes expert group headed by Niti Ayog Vice Chairman for classification of caste data; Reiterates data to be released at an appropriate time.
- Prime Minister assures Centre is working towards a solution to the decades-old Naga political issue.
- Government introduces composite foreign investment cap by clubbing all forms of overseas investments for ease of doing business in the country.
- Telecom Department releases final report on Net neutrality; recommends regulations of domestic calls made by Internet based calling applications. www.achieveriasclasses.com
- In Assam, over 73 thousand people affected due to flood in Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, Dhemaji and Kokrajhar district; Centre and State Disaster Relief teams pressed into service.
- Prime Minister’s scheduled visit to Varanasi cancelled due death of a labourer.
- Eurozone finance ministers to decide today a new rescue package for Greece following acceptance to European Union’s tough conditions.
- Indian shuttlers P V Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth and Sameer Verma crash out of Chinese Taipei Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament in second round.
- Supreme Court issues notice to Centre on legality of re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance.
- Competition Commission imposes 671 Crore Rupees penalty on four state-run insurance companies for cartelization and adopting anti competitive practices.
- Bombay High Court issues notices to Maharashtra government and its Minister Pankaja Munde on a PIL seeking ban on chikki distribution to anganwadi kids.
- A Gunman kills four US Marines at two Navy buildings in Tennessee.
- In Nigeria, 49 people killed in twin blasts in the Northeastern City of Gombe.