Current affairs 2nd June 2015
1. Pollution is global concern for health risk
On Name of development we are taking right to live from common man by Polluting air: WHO (world health organisation) has reported that “Air pollution is world’s top environmental Killer” 1 in 8 deaths caused.
2. India and united states will be signing defense deals on 3rd june 2015
Defence Minister Mr Manohar parikar is signing defense deal with US defense secretary Ashton carter on 3rd June 2015 for extension of Indo – US ties in maritime security , join military exercises and sharing of military technologies. Deal is considered important for India and United states both keeping in view rising dominance of Dragon Military power.
3. Should endorsers be held accountable for wrong claims of Brand.
In recent nation wide panic caused due to presence of unacceptable amount of lead and MSG in Maggie , controversy has started on brand ambassadors responsibility. While many feel that We have been consuming Maggie since ages and FPA must be held accountable for any foul content in product others feel that Brand ambassadors need to take care of the claims before just claiming any thing about product , because many people use product on their face value.
4. Saurabh Kalia Case: Government changing stance or just passing buck to supreme court.
Although BJP government during elections had held congress government accountable for not taking Saurabh kalia case to international arena or taking tough stand with Pakistan but recent Public outrage on national hero treatment has forced BJP lead NDA government to change its stance and Sushma Swaraj Foreign Minister has stated that government will be filling affidavit which is due in Supreme court by 25th August and will ask for Supreme court recommendations on the matter.
Earlier government and current government both had flip flop attitude on the matter and did not want to take this matter to ICJ (International court of Justice ) for war crimes by Pakistan.
5. January 2015 to March 2015 growth rate of India of 7.5% may be short lived and expected to come down to 6.6%: Through recent change in method of calculating GDP of country , government collects data of 5,00,000 companies registered with Ministry of corporate affairs where as earlier sample size of 2000 companies use to be taken from RBI quarterly survey of industries. This new methodology of calculation is more prone to accuracy because companies are not habituated of timely disclosure of financial data and after disclosure its estimated that earlier GDP figure of 7.5% which had made India fastest growing economy of world even ahead of china a revision is bound to happen and economist expect it to reach it to 6.6%.
6. An era changed at Hero Moto corp with ex chairman Mr Brij Mohan lal Munjal Passing chairman post to his son Pawan Munjal.
7. Indian banks can hier non executive directors but Reserve bank has fixed yearly payment not to exceed Rs 10,00,000
8. Since 2005 , this year April Data of Economic Advisory of India says that it has been sharpest fall in core sector. In 2005 fall was of -.3% where as this April in 2015 it has been further worse and it -.4%
This current affairs has been created by team of Oureducation for students who are preparing for exams like UPSC , IBPS PO etc. These current affairs for SBI PO exams and current affairs for UPSC exams can be of great help to students