How to prepare for ATMA Exam
ATMA is the entrance examination most students take to get admission for their postgraduate courses especially MBA. The applicants need to prepare in a refined and focused method to score well and get admission.
Pattern Of ATMA MBA Exam
Before starting the practice, it is important to know the pattern of the ATMA examination to make it easier and score good marks. By knowing the pattern, it becomes easier to focus on the important topics and spend more time solving it. The overall examination is six sections with a time duration of 30 minutes for each section (overall 180 minutes). The objective type questions (with 4 options) has the following topics;
- Analytical Reasoning Skills 1: 30 questions
- Quantitative Skills 1: 30 questions
- Verbal Skills 1: 30 questions
- Analytical Reasoning Skills 2: 30 questions
- Quantitative Skills 2: 30 questions
- Verbal Skills 2: 30 questions
Students need to complete 180 questions within a three-hour duration, where each right answer is awarded 1 marks and the wrong answer gets a penalty of negative 0.25 marks.
Top Colleges Accepting ATMA
The Aims Test for Management Admission (ATMA) is the computer-based entrance examination for subjects like MBA, MCA, PGDM, MMS, etc. The ATMA scores are relevant as it is used for the admission of management programs by several institutions in different parts of the country. The main institutions that allow ATMA score for the admission are;
- Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad
- Prin LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Health Management Research, Jaipur
- Jagan Institute of Management Studies, Delhi
- Department of Management Science, SavitribaiPhule Pune University, Pune
- Shri DharmasthalaManjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development, Mysore
- Rajagiri Center for Business Studies, Cochin
Tips To Crack The Exam
Students willing to pursue higher education need to overcome the entrance examinations like ATMA to get admission into their desired courses. While preparing for the ATMA examination, the aspirants must follow some tips to get good scores.
- Tip1: Students must have good command over the English language to overcome the questions. It is important to study the grammar, improve comprehension, and expose themselves to the language to gain knowledge.
- Tip 2: The aspirants must have the logical reasoning, analytical ability, and decision-making skills to solve the various questions. Practicing regularly for the examination is ideal to score good scores. If students are not self-motivated, then it is best that they join coaching classes to get good guidance.
- Tip 3: Students must practice for better data interpretation as questions may consist of graphs, bars, and pie charts, which needs careful analysis.
- Tip 4: Practicing for group discussion is good to get the confidence to argue on a point with conviction and get an upper hand.
- Tip 5: Reading newspapers, journals, business magazines, and paying close attention to the happening around the world can enrich the general knowledge.
The students need to follow a good study plan to divide their workload and get good practice before the examination. It will relive the unnecessary pressure from the shoulders and calm the mind, so students can perform well in the exam to get into their favorite course.